Brewer Fanatic

Nashville Predators being sold...

billyhallfan

I like the Preds because of the Admirals connection, but oh well, was kind of cool to have the owner in Wisconsin, I thought it was cool that the Brewers highest affiliate was in Nashville and Nashville's highest affiliate was in Milwaukee, I don't think that is going to change anytime soon, but it could in time.

www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=2&date=5/24/2007&id=24017

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
There's a rumor the new owner may move the team to Canada.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote:
Any clue as to what city?

Kitchener

mirtle.blogspot.com/2007/...ators.html

Quote:
Balsillie?s essentially acting out every Canadian?s boyhood dream with this buy, grabbing his very own professional hockey franchise and trying to transplant it into his backyard, whether that be Kitchener, Hamilton or the parking lot of his BlackBerries ?R? Us compound.

Hamilton is right in between Toronto & Buffalo... I suppose it would work considering how hockey-crazy Canada is - it wouldn't be that unlike how the Islanders, Rangers and Devils are around the NYC metro right now.

I personally think Halifax needs a team, and it needs to be called the Halifax Explosion. (Look it up if that doesn't make sense to you.)

It surprises me greatly that a Canadian city the size of Winnipeg no longer has an NHL team. While I was in college in Superior, I was making plans to drive to Winnipeg to see the Jets, but they moved the following year.

Archived