Brewer Fanatic

2011 Corey Hart Bowling Green Hot Rods Bobble

brewcrew779

ok, thanks for the heads up. Yea I saw a few on Ebay. I even emailed their store to see if they might have some for sale. I never even knew they were giving them away because they just seemed to pop up now. Have you heard anything about any other minor league brewers bobbles?

Only the T-Rats opening day bobbles, that is the only one I know of so far... We should have a thread for posters to list the minors bobbles they hear about, so the rest of us can be tuned in...

As far as the Corey Hart Hot Rods bobble, I can't be sure that was even an SGA... I never knew it existed either until I saw them popping up on ebay, and all by the same seller. A very mysterious bobble to say the least.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

ok, well, here is some evidence at least that it was in fact an sga.

http://media.hometeamsonl...RBASEBALL/GHS_Flyer2.pdf

I would have to say this might be one of the rarest brewer bobbles out there since so few even know it exists. (Not Attanasio, BillHall tracksuit rare, but pretty rare on its own)

Here's the thing about this that I don't like: Corey Hart was drafted by the Brewers, and this is a giveaway by a Tampa Bay Rays affiliate. Bowling Green is where he grew up and played high school ball. Since it's not given out by a Brewers affiliate, I don't see the need to get it into my collection. Especially at the 70 bucks or whatever the cost may be.

I felt the same way about that Randy Ready bobble that Fort Wayne, Dale Svuem Altoona Curves, or Laynce Nix Roughriders? You gotta draw a line somewhere. Otherwise, whats next? Get every bobblehead of any player that appeared in a Brewers uniform?

Normally, I'd agree with you bikeage, but in this case, since Corey Hart came up in the Brewers organization, I felt the need to get it... He is a real Brewer, not a guy we rented for a year, signed to minor league contract then cut him, but a REAL Brewer. Since he is wearing his high school uniform, not a uniform associated with the Rays, I thought I should have it.

Everybody has the line in the sand as far as what they want to collect, I guess my line includes the Corey Hart Hot Rods bobble. lol

I agree with you Turbo. Honestly I only collect the true Brewers and not so much the transitional players with the exception of Hoffman for obvious reasons. I collect them to get them signed. I guess you could ask the question about the Admirals Uecker bobble. I dont follow hockey at all, but I dont think Uecker has anything to do with them with the exception of the Brewers being a sponsor. I could be wrong. $70 is high and I'm sure the prices will fall. Hell, if the San Jose Sharks make a Morgan bobble, I know I'll want one of those and he only practiced with them http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish/images/emoticons/smile.gif

I knew I had a problem when I saw the picture of Nyjer in a Sharks uni yesterday and the first thing I thought was that it would be a sweet bobble. Hello. My name is Justin and I am an addict.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I knew I had a problem when I saw the picture of Nyjer in a Sharks uni yesterday and the first thing I thought was that it would be a sweet bobble. Hello. My name is Justin and I am an addict.
Are there meetings for this disease?

I had the exact same thought as you, except I actually thought "That would be a great bobble, but I hope they don't make one because I am running out of display space."

Archived