Brewer Fanatic

Weeks still recovering from ankle sprain?

Nottso

Weeks should be our cleanup hitter this year when Braun is in the lineup......a 35 HR/110 RBI season is a possibility as we see a transition of Weeks into more of a power guy

I think it's pretty much guaranteed that ARam will hit cleanup, with or without Braun.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

That makes sense at first prophet, having Weeks bat 2nd. However, if both Morgan and/or Braun are on base, do you think pitchers will pitch to Braun? I think he'd be a candidate for more IBB's and and bring Ramirez to the plate with force out possibilities everywhere. Is it me, or does Ramirez hit lots o' ground balls? I seem to remember lots of weak ground ball outs when I've seen him play.

Does Hart bat 5th then? Also, what about the CF platoon situation? Morgan would bat 1st and Gomez would bat 8th I suppose. What would your batting orders be then?

Personally, I'd let Hart bat 1st if that's where he's comfortable. Our offense really started to click once he started hitting leadoff, and I'm of the "if it ain't broke..." line of thinking. I realize that it sucks to let one guy decide your lineup, but I'd rather Corey hit leadoff and produce than hit 5th and complain about not being comfortable.

Hart

Morgan

Braun

A-Ram

Weeks

Gamel

Lucroy

Gonzalez

P

against LHP, I'd move Weeks up to 2nd and drop Morgan toward the bottom.

Personally, I'd let Hart bat 1st if that's where he's comfortable. Our offense really started to click once he started hitting leadoff, and I'm of the "if it ain't broke..." line of thinking. I realize that it sucks to let one guy decide your lineup, but I'd rather Corey hit leadoff and produce than hit 5th and complain about not being comfortable.

Hart

Morgan

Braun

A-Ram

Weeks

Gamel

Lucroy

Gonzalez

P

against LHP, I'd move Weeks up to 2nd and drop Morgan toward the bottom.

Against LHP, Morgan sits and Gomez plays.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

as we see a transition of Weeks into more of a power guy

So your thinking he was one of the "unusually high synthetic-T" mystery men mentioned in the Braun thread?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Weeks is 29. His max HR total was in his age 27 season, when he hit 29 (the only year he has played a full season). Both that year and last year, he hit HRs at the rate of 3.9% (career 3.3%). So at that rate, he needs 897 PAs to hit 35 HRs (he had 754 two years ago). And there isn't anything to indicate that he will suddenly become a major power hitter either, unless he has 'roided up.

I don't get the "Rickie must bat 5th" mantra either. Sure, he has some power, but he also has a much rarer gift (especially on this team) and that is the ability to get on base. Between Weeks and Hart, Weeks has better OBP, while Hart has better SLG. So Weeks 2nd and Hart 5th. You could shift Hart to 1st against LHB, I suppose.

Hart has stated he's fine 1-5, he just hated batting behind Prince, that's why he didn't want to bat 5th.

So I don't think Hart has to bat leadoff, and as far as the 'if it aint broke' mantra, this is a new season and a new team really. Maybe start out with Corey leading off, but don't be handcuffed by it because it worked in the past.

I'd guess if Braun is out, Aoki & Morgan with bat 1/2 with Hart, Ramirez & Weeks 3-5.

A healthy Weeks is a very good thing, and he & Hart do give a lot of flexibility to the order. If everyone's healthy and Braun's in the lineup, we are going to score a lot of runs.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

I sprained my foot almost 20 years ago and it hurts if I step wrong or have to stand on a ladder. It'll be as good as it's going to be soon, but it will never be what it was.
I had a sprained ankle that took about a decade to reach the point where I'd never notice it. During that time, it'd occasionally feel weak, but not painful. Rickie would have the benefit of trainers that I didn't have, and hopefully, that will help.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Rickie has also had trainers, physical therapists and others helping him to properly rehab through the entire process, and I'm sure he's done his rehab on a regular basis. Something most people who end up with nagging pain or weakness from injuries don't have.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

That makes sense at first prophet, having Weeks bat 2nd. However, if both Morgan and/or Braun are on base, do you think pitchers will pitch to Braun? I think he'd be a candidate for more IBB's and and bring Ramirez to the plate with force out possibilities everywhere. Is it me, or does Ramirez hit lots o' ground balls? I seem to remember lots of weak ground ball outs when I've seen him play.

Does Hart bat 5th then? Also, what about the CF platoon situation? Morgan would bat 1st and Gomez would bat 8th I suppose. What would your batting orders be then?

I think that if Morgan and Weeks are on base, Braun most definitely gets pitched to. Braun is excellent, but he's not Barry Bonds. Not to many teams would intentionally load the bases. Hart would bat fifth in any order that Morgan is in. If Morgan is not playing, and Gomez is, then Gomez bats 7th, Hart leads off, and Lucroy bats 5th. Either way, Weeks would bat second. I think he is a perfect number two hitter.

Archived