Brewer Fanatic

Lost Finale--- don't open if you havent watched!

pogokat
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
So who was the old chick at the end? Was she in a previous episode?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple of thoughts (spoiler alert for those that aren't caught up)

I think that Locke getting shot by the plane corresponds to the time that he was in that same spot with Boone and was suddenly unable to walk. Like they say, you can't change what happened, so if Locke was in the same period of time he needed to be unable to walk.

Also, I bet Locke isn't actually dead and that he's unconscious due to a Medusa spider bite like we witnessed during the infamous Nikki and Paulo episode.

I liked that they came up with a new way to play with time in their storytelling. The skipping record metaphor was a nice touch too. Almost like they've planned this for awhile.

Not really a fan of Hurley and Sayid dodging assassins, though. I certainly could do with less of that. Although Hurley explaining the truth to his mother was a nice payoff. The Desmond/Faraday meeting seemed to create more problems than it solved.

But, overall, the show seems to be on track. And already the season has a distinct feel to it that separates it from past seasons. That's a good way to keep a show fresh.

Robert

I liked that they came up with a new way to play with time in their storytelling.

Didn't think about it until I read Robert's post, but the entire show was time-splitting. The Oceanic Six plotline is taking place in the flash-forward time period, whereas Sawyer, Juliet, Faraday, Bernard & Rose are adrift in time. (If Desmond's event took place alongside the rest of the O-6, the flash forwards are happening 3 years later.)

My guess is that '70 hours' calculates the point in which our time-adrift friends next intersect with the O-6 (but only because any other possibility would break my brain).

Desmond and Faraday had to meet, because in the previous season, desmond goes to Faraday in his lab at the university. He wouldn't do that on a whim.

I have enjoyed the two episodes and am really happy they are going to start answering more questions than posing them.

My only gripe is no one mentions Walt, as in whether he will have to return to the island or not. Oh well, plenty of episodes left.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

POTENTIAL SPOILER

"Also, I bet Locke isn't actually dead and that he's unconscious due to a Medusa spider bite like we witnessed during the infamous Nikki and Paulo episode. "

I bet Locke was shot with the same dart that they shot Sayid with.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I think that Locke will actually be dead. Some of the island magic, whodo, voodoo will reincarnate him when they return to the island. I agree that the Desmond/ Faraday relationship is more trouble than it needs to be. I see this season as the vehicle to return Locke to "hero" instead of whack job. And it is my belief that Jin is still alive.

Archived