Brewer Fanatic

Your 2013 Houston Astros or Houston ??

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

The Milwaukee Hogs.

They would play in Harley Stadium (cause, we all know that Harley screwed Davidson out of his half). Uniforms would be made of leather. All of the parking spots in "Preferred" parking would have 1/2 width of now. We could parallel the Oakland Raiders as the bad-boys of the MLB.

I don't like singular team names, at least in the traditional sports. And baseball's about as traditional as it gets.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Maybe they can go back to being the Colt .45's.

Only if Washington goes back to the Bullets name in the NBA.

I agree that franchise names should stay with the city, but they should have the option to change it, too. The Redskins should probably change their name. There are legitimate reasons to change names.

And, the Colts name and logo should have stayed in Baltimore, the same way Cleveland kept the Browns name and colors.

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Maybe they'll incorporate the train they have. Houston Railmen or something like that.

The Houston We-Got-Hit-By-The-Light-Rails?

Having been cut-off by people in cars thousands of times over the years, this does my heart good. I'm sure the first words out of the errant drivers' mouths were "But officer, I never saw it".

And, the Colts name and logo should have stayed in Baltimore, the same way Cleveland kept the Browns name and colors.

Of course, the Colts' move preceded the Browns-Raven's transfer by 13 years, and nobody had thought of the concept at the time. Of course, the Colts' move was by far the sneakiest move to date, meaning that there weren't a lot of options as far as opening up any discussion. I'm surprised that Houston didn't insist on something similar to the Browns-Ravens deal, though.

The Browns-Ravens situation did set some precedent, although few situations actually replicate it. The one that seems to come the closest is the move of the MLS San Jose Earthquakes to Houston. San Jose got to keep the Earthquake's name and history, and the team returned to MLS after three years. In the NBA, when the Supersonics became the Oklahoma City Thunder, Seattle kept the rights to the nickname. However, if a new Supersonics team emerges, both franchises would share the old Supersonics' history.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived