Brewer Fanatic

Johnsonville Brat Fest

ccbrew

Nothing to be forewarned about except for the big crowd.

According to that website, they're over 7,500 brats today.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Wow, I had no idea it had become such an "event".

When did bands and a midway become part of this, when they moved to the Alliant Center?

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I yearn for the days gone by, when you ate your brats in peace on the curbs of Regent & Midvale.

Amen, brewstew, amen.

It was a nice neighborhood-style event. The long lines were part of the fun. Everyone worked together to set new brat records. We went every day and eagerly awaited the hourly flip to the latest brat count. If you wanted more than the free dixie cup of Pepsi (or Diet Pepsi!), you could duck into Sentry and buy what you wanted.

At the Coliseum grounds, it's like every other fest. You can improve the amenities (parking, general space, activities/bands), but you can't duplicate the feel of the original. Despite the improvements, the bratfest record still belongs to the last year it was at Hilldale. Coincidence? I think not.

(The only thing I like better about the new bratfest is the addition of Boca brats. I have gotten one every year, along with a regular brat, just to support that cause.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Community Moderator

Between Brat Fest, beltline construction, and generally great weather to be out and about last night, traffic was probably a nightmare until 8pm last night.

I heard from friends that Brat Fest was packed at like 2:30 yesterday afternoon.

36,360 brats consumed yesterday.

That's not a record setting pace....again.

Maybe they should get some real celebrity servers to hand out the brats and they could get their record.

Sorry, but an alderperson or newspaper writer isn't about to make me jump from my chair and head out to Bratfest. For the most part, I wouldn't know who these people were anyway without some sort of nametag or promotion.

Quote:
Sorry, but an alderperson or newspaper writer isn't about to make me jump from my chair and head out to Bratfest. For the most part, I wouldn't know who these people were anyway without some sort of nametag or promotion.

Come on...the wacky weather guy from the local morning show isn't a big enough draw? OK, even if that is the case, the Executive Assistant from the Wisconsin DWD should bring them out in droves...

They're at 118,593 with one day to go. I don't think the record is going to fall again this year.

They're at 118,593 with one day to go.

Not unless they can sell more than 70,000 on Monday. I'll admit, though, that's a decent rebound from Saturday, when the two-day total was 69,700.

They've packed so much other stuff at the Coliseum grounds now (bands, carnival/midway, ice cream stand to take up stomach space that previously was available for more brats) that brats aren't as central to the event anymore.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived