Brewer Fanatic

Help me shop - Astronaut ice cream in SE Wisconsin

Iron Chef Napalm

My son is turning 8 soon and we are planning a space themed party.

The intent was to buy astronaut food online for grab bags and prizes, but we just never got around to checking out. It's probably too late to rely on shipping (unless I want to be gouged by next day prices) and I would like to get it locally.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure who is stocking it in this area. I've tried American Science and Surplus without success.

Any ideas?

The Milwaukee Public Museum gift shop had a bunch of different types of astronaut food when I went there on a field trip. Of course, that was around 15 years ago, and I have no idea if they still carry it, but it's worth a shot if you're desperate.

I used to work for Nasco in Jefferson (Huge school stuff supplier) and I'm 80% certain I had either seen it in a catalog or in their main outlet store. They're located on 901 Janesville Avenue in Jefferson and the website is www.enasco.com. I'd definitely call ahead though to make sure.

Another location, and probably a better option is a Hobby Lobby. Everytime I have to go to a hobby lobby with my girlfriend the astronaut food is about the only thing I have to look forward to.

I BELIEVE that they only carry the ice cream though.

www.hobbylobby.com/site3/...hlstate=WI

How dare you soil the good name of my hometown, Jefferson? Nasco is in Fort Atkinson, not Jefferson. Us former Jefferson folk really dislike Fort Atkinson and everything about it.

The first place I thought of was the Milwaukee Public Museum, too.

Quote:
How dare you soil the good name of my hometown, Jefferson? Nasco is in Fort Atkinson, not Jefferson. Us former Jefferson folk really dislike Fort Atkinson and everything about it.

The first place I thought of was the Milwaukee Public Museum, too.

Whoops, I did cross the two up for some reason.

At least I got the address right.

Jefferson? Did somebody say they were from Jefferson?

Give my aunts and uncles and cousins a HI from Reed Bigelow.

their last name is Stoppenbach. My mom was a Stoppenbach! they used to own the sausage factory that now makes pepperoni for pizzas.

Thanks for all the help. After calling around it turned out that for the quantity required, getting it online was only marginally more expensive and we got to get the flavors we wanted. The shipping was nasty, but so was the local retail prices.

Thanks for all the help.

Archived