Brewer Fanatic

Any Lone Ranger fans?

bork
Verified Member

I'm just curious if there are any Lone Ranger fans out there?

I just loved the Lone Ranger growing up in the late 70's, early 80's. I remember loving the Legend of the Lone Ranger movie in 1981 (box office bomb). Had the hat, mask, cap guns, toys and lunch box. I'm probably in the minority in my generation for liking westerns. Maybe growing up in Montana had something to do with it.

WB did that pilot a few years ago, but never did the series because it would be too expensive. It was an ok movie.

Now I read that Jerry Bruckheimer and some of the Pirates of the Carribean team want to do a new Lone Ranger blockbuster in 2010. I would love to see this movie happen.

Anyone else?

I like the episode where Frances Bavier (Andy Griffith's Aunt Bee) leads a gang of outlaws. In the end, a fight ensues. Tonto closes the show by saying, "Next time I get easy job. I fight man and you fight woman!"

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

The producers of the 1981 movie stopped Clayton Moore from wearing the mask at personal appearances so BOOOO!

I grew up with the 50s show along with Sgt. Preston of the Yukon, Sky King(big crush on that Penny), Rin Tin Tin, Kit Carson, Hopalong Casady. Probably no one knows any of those shows. I had a hat and mask but the coolest thing I had was my Davy Crockett coonskin cap.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Quote:
Sgt. Preston of the Yukon

and his dog, King.

I remember watching Lone Ranger and Sgt Preston every Sunday morning.

The other old show my brother and I would watch before school was Fury. "Pete, cut his teeth on a branding iron!"

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I loved the Lone Ranger as a little kid. I had the action figures, the Lone Ranger & Silver and Tonto & Scout. I believe there was a cartoon on early 80's on Saturday morning that spawned the action figures and my fascination for the man in the mask. I went as the Lone Ranger for Halloween three years in row. Last year I got a game for the original Nintendo that's the Lone Ranger I think new movie could be great if it was done correctly.

Archived