Brewer Fanatic

Saturday = Biggest Crowd Ever?

Quote:
And I hate when you hear the cheering for nothing happening on the field and realize something good happened at the GB game.

I understand the sentiment, but I'm going to have to disagree. The reason for this is that I have heard that there would be random bursts of excitement at Camp Randall Stardium during the '82 Pennant Run and World Series. I find that to be pretty cool.

As for your example, I think the fact that the cheers are coming from someone that is at a Brewer game should be taken into consideration. I appreciate their decision to attend a Brewer game as opposed to watching the Packer game at home.

AS far as the fact there were more suites "back in the old days", you still have to have tickets to be in the Gehl Club or other such replacements. You have to also remember that suiteholders get X amount of tiks, but can buy more if they wish, 8-10 I think. That alone can add what, 600-700 more in attendance that is completely out of the Crew's hands.

That may have some merit to it, but I specifically recall radio and newspaper articles calling out fans for not supporting the team in the midst of a pennant race and CBS sports game of the week broadcasters asking "where are the fans?"
Additionally, during the winter, Sal Bando was blaming fans for not showing up for games and blaming them for the team's 'inability' to re-sign Paul Molitor.

Is the word getting out that the game is at 2:55pm?
I would hope that most fans would know to always double-check start times. As far as fans on this site, we've had threads about game time changes.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Quote:
I understand the sentiment, but I'm going to have to disagree. The reason for this is that I have heard that there would be random bursts of excitement at Camp Randall Stardium during the '82 Pennant Run and World Series. I find that to be pretty cool.

Yeah...I remember reading in my old 1988 Brewers Yearbook (Molitor hologram on the cover!) about Bucks fans going crazy down at MECCA during Juan Nieves' no-hitter in '87.

Quote:
My question is-- Does everybody know the game has been moved up to 2:55pm??

the brewers sent out an email to season ticket holders a week or so ago about it. as for the rest of the world, i dont know

I bought tickets to that game a month ago when it was still at 605, last week i got a call from the Brewers reminding me that the game was at 255pm, if you purchased tickets on your credit card they they probley called the person and they have show the time change on the scoreboard a lot.

I'm sure everyone will know. They changed the game time in what, April? That's more than enough time for everybody to realize it's not a 6:05 start, especially with all the buzz around the team and Barry Bonds.

It's not like we'll have 12,000 people there until the 9th inning when everybody shows up...

Okay, slight exaggeration...

Uh oh!

The northwestern part of WI is going to miss the game unless 'subject to change' kicks in. The Duluth-Superior market will see the White Sox vs. the Red Sox. Way relevant.

Great link, bucks2281. I wasn't aware that FOX offered such a listing.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Quote:
the brewers sent out an email to season ticket holders a week or so ago about it. as for the rest of the world, i dont know

At the ticket windows at MP, they have had big signs in all the windows about it. Hopefully everybody knows by now.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Will there be 30,000 empty seats--No. But I would bet there will be at least 5,000 people that show up late. There are a lot of people that bought the tickets months ago and don't follow Baseball and the Brewers like the people on this board. Big deal if they have signs at the ticket windows at MP-- 90% plus of the people going to the game Saturday didn't just buy their tickets at the ticket window at MP last Thursday. And not everybody lives in Milwaukee that attend the games. The fact is-- some people look at the tickets and it states 6:05 and that is when they will show up.

I would like to hear on Saturday night or Sunday morning of those that attended the game if they have any stories of people showing up WAY to late.

Quote:
There are a lot of people that bought the tickets months ago and don't follow Baseball...

And I'm guessing that if they don't follow baseball that much but still decided to buy tickets, they probably did it online. Which means that the Brewers would have send out a letter, like they always do, reminding people of a time change.

Quote:
And not everybody lives in Milwaukee that attend the games.

Which again means they most likely purchased them online. Anyone who bought tickets online (prior to June 6th), anyone who used a credit card (at the box office) and all season ticket holders with tickets to the game got a letter regarding the time change.

Anyone who bought tickets at the stadium for this game since the first week of June got tickets with the new and correct time on them. Signs have been posted at the ticket windows. It's been mentioned on Radio & TV. This will not be a big deal. No way do 5000 people show up hours later looking for a baseball game.

Quote:
I would like to hear on Saturday night or Sunday morning of those that attended the game if they have any stories of people showing up WAY to late.

There will probably be two or three people that make it in to one of the call in shows complaining about this. Then it will get all blown out of proportion. It happens about once a year.

That place will be packed Saturday.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

If all SRO tickets are sold out, then with the capacity of MP being either 41,900 or 43,000 (I've heard either, Brewers.com states 41,900 yet baseball almanac says 43,000) there is a chance that there will be 46,000 fans on saturday. That wouldn' t be enough for the record, but would be close.

Archived