Brewer Fanatic

Saturday = Biggest Crowd Ever?

Cubs 8, Brewers 4

Saturday, September 6, 2003

We were at that game, and the next day's too. Easily the least pleasant experience I've had at Miller Park. Thus, I'm all for setting a new record with a more successful game.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

its not possible for the crowd to be as big as it was that day. With a great deal of suite seats removed and the removal of the club seats on the third base side make it impossible to get that size crowd again. The crew sold out of SRO earlier this year and didnt approach that number

Quote:
its not possible for the crowd to be as big as it was that day. With a great deal of suite seats removed and the removal of the club seats on the third base side make it impossible to get that size crowd again. The crew sold out of SRO earlier this year and didnt approach that number

How can you sell out of SRO tickets? Are they only allowed to sell a certain amount?

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Opening day this year had 45,431, *I think, so don't yell at me if I'm wrong.

If I'm remembering correctly, 46K+ isn't impossible for this weekend.

Edit: I was close, it's 45,341 which was good enough for 2nd largerst crowd in MP history. Might be tough to squeeze another 1K.

I have no clue how many SRO tickets can be sold, but I'd guess the fire department probably has some kind of involvement in setting the limit.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

This weekend is going to be wild. I can't wait. Total sellouts all weekend. I'll guess 42,000+ Friday, 45,000 Saturday & 43,000 on Sunday. I'm not sure if we will pass the all time mark, but I'm willing to bet we make a run at this years high.

The attendance has been fantastic this year. I was at the game last night and I was amazed by 36,000 on a Monday - with no bobble head promotion. I love the bobbleheads, but I'm glad to see people coming out to watch the team for the sake of watching good baseball.

According to the Brewers, there will not be another game this year with a total attendance of under 30,000 (at least that was the word passed on by WSSP). If thats true that means we should push 2.7 million this year.

As someone who spent lots of time frequenting County Stadium, I'm fully enjoying the Brewers success at the gate this year. I remember back in 1992, short of a career milestone game, we couldn't draw jack. What did we average that year, 22 or 23,000? I recall a September series against the Yankees (maybe?) when the club was only 4 games out and about 10 games over .500 and the crowds were in the teens. Uggg.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

I love that mid-week day games are selling so well. Those are probably my favorite games to go to, but I've only made it to one this year since my job this summer is a M-F unlike last summers random schedule.

I was at a game against the Cubs a few years ago where there was over 45,000. I don't remember the exact total or the date, but it was a 1-0 Brewers win. The only run came on a Craig Counsell homer and Sheets pitched into the ninth and struck out about 10. One of the best games I've been to. There were too many Cubs fans, but that place was electric!

I haven't been able to make it to any games yet this year because I'm working a M-F second shift job and I'm 60 miles east of Madison without a car. If the reports are right and tickets are in this big of demand for the rest of the season, this may be the first season of my life where I don't make it to at least one game!

I remember back in 1992, short of a career milestone game, we couldn't draw jack. What did we average that year, 22 or 23,000?
22,930. You can see the Brewers' year to year attendance here:

Milwaukee Brewers Attendance, Stadiums and Park Factors

Keep in mind that 2 million a couple decades ago is probably the equivalent of 3 million today.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'm glad attendance is up. Hopefully we can stay in this thing and we'll draw more than 9k on Packer Sundays. I remember one 2003 Sunday when it was so quiet you could hear John Van Der Waal discussing stock options in the dugout.

From the Lodge.

And I hate when you hear the cheering for nothing happening on the field and realize something good happened at the GB game.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Quote:
Keep in mind that 2 million a couple decades ago is probably the equivalent of 3 million today.

That may have some merit to it, but I specifically recall radio and newspaper articles calling out fans for not supporting the team in the midst of a pennant race and CBS sports game of the week broadcasters asking "where are the fans?"

Anyhow, thanks for the link. What doesn't that site have?

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

My question is-- Does everybody know the game has been moved up to 2:55pm??

I was golfing with a guy yesterday and he stated that he was going to the game Saturday night-- I had to inform him the game had been moved to 2:55.

This morning at the Dentist, my Dentist stated his family was going to the game Saturday night-- I had to inform him they would be late at 6pm.

Is the word getting out that the game is at 2:55pm??

There might be a lot of tickets sold but maybe not many butts in the seats.

Archived