Brewer Fanatic

Kobe: "Trade Me."

RyDogg66
Quote:
That is a ridiculous statement. Kobe may be arrogant, but he's far from a despicable human being

What he did to that girl in Denver while being married, not to mention of the other things he's probably done and gotten away with because he's Kobe, is what makes him a despicable human being.

Quote:
What he did to that girl in Denver while being married, not to mention of the other things he's probably done and gotten away with because he's Kobe, is what makes him a despicable human being.

Bryant is not the first man to commit adultery, and I would hardly use that as a reason to call someone despicable. Other than that your just making wild assumptions. Kobe is despicable because of terrible things he might or could have done?? Thats not a reasonable accusation.

Quote:
Bryant is not the first man to commit adultery, and I would hardly use that as a reason to call someone despicable

Well, knowing how the typical NBA player behaves, especially on the road, I think it's a reasonable speculation that it was not the only time he has done something like that. And just because people commit adultery all the time does not make it acceptable. I consider adultery to be a despicable act. You can call it what you want, but cheating on your wife so never be an acceptable action. By the way, he raped a girl. Not sure that fits into the standard "adultery" term that is being used here.

Umm, I don't like Kobe Bryant at all. But the rape CHARGES were dropped. You can speculate what happened in that instance all you want. From information reported in that case, I'll speculate that a rape did not occur. And according to the law, Bryant is not a rapist.

This isn't a law website, so I can speculate based on the facts presented to the public. Unfortunately the law doesn't always get it right. See Simpson comma OJ. If you think Kobe was really innocent of those charges, then you are wearing blinders.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If Kobe is 'despicable' than so is Bill Clinton, Dwight Eisenhower, Franklin Roosevelt, and Thomas Jefferson. All had mistresses/lovers outside wedlock.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I think I am done arguing this as apparently people seem to think adultery is not despicable because lots of people do it all the time. Lots of people kill people, that's probably not despicable either. So much for morals and ethics.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Well don't get me wrong, Kobe is kind of gross and I wouldn't let him near my daughter (if I had one) but I think despicable should be reserved for more heinous offenses than adultery. Just my opinion. I think there are few people that would consider Thomas Jefferson or FDR despicable.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

If you think Kobe was really innocent of those charges, then you are wearing blinders.

Yeah, I must have blinders on, because there's no way in Hell that young women would throw themselves at a rich, superstar athlete, and tell their friend that's what they were going to do. People would never take advantage of a situation to get paid, would they? (blue font) If he was guilty, then the accuser should have testified.

Community Moderator

I'd rather lose without him than win with him.

As Joe said, he's a great player, but he's also a despicable human being.

This from the guy that ridiculed the Astros mercilessly when they released Julio Lugo when he was accused of spousal abuse? What gives Al?

Verified Member
Didn't Kobe basically admit to what he did? Wasn't he crying at a press conference and apologizing? That would make him guilty, right? It's a despicable act. It may not make him a despicable person. Depends how you look at it.

I guess this is a matter of terminology and people definition of words. I consider cheating on your wife to be despicable, amongst other words not appropriate for this site. I've been married for 8 years and have 2 children. Cheating throws that all away. If you are unhappy, get a divorce like a civilized person would do. Don't get with a random 19 year old girl just to do it. And in bringing up public figures from century's ago, I would guess that doing this type of thing was very common and more acceptable back then. I would think we would have evolved as a society more at this point, but many times I wonder.

What we need to stop doing is comparing horrible acts to similar horrible acts as if to justify by saying "see, look who else did this, or this happens all the time." Please don't tell me that adultery is ok because FDR did it.

Archived