Brewer Fanatic

McGee Arrested (the younger)

TheCrew07

I know the comments made by his father cause quite a stir. Here's the link to the story on the JSOnline.

www.jsonline.com/watch/?w...7&id=24126

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Oress conference later this morning. JS is saying it is a "public corruption" case. If that is true I wll fall down and die of not-surprise.

Man though, being this guys lawyer is GUARANTEED continuous employment.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Latest news is that he tried to bribe someone. May also have been threats of violence. This according to an anonymous source to JSonline.

The good news is that protestors have begun to form in front of the courthouse.....oh wait, they're protesting the fact that he was arrested. never mind.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

the last line of a JS daywatch update...

"Protesters are forming at this hour on the steps of the courthouse."

FWIW, the rumor now is bribery charges will be brought up

EDIT: nice timing homer!

Quote:
i really wish that that family would just got away cause they continue to make my city look foolish.

i agree completely, but unfortunately the people want him as their alderman.

its been case after case and its getting more prevelant. McGee used a racial slur on his radio program last week towards another African American, when asked why he wasn't at city hall doing work.

If he was my alderman I would be embarrassed that myself and my neighbors continue to elect this guy to represent us.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Just wait....looks like he was picked up on battery charges. So in addition to the federal rap against him, he's going to have state charges for beating the heck out of someone.

Am I reading that correctly?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote:
I wonder what he would have to do for his constituents to abandon him.

Tell me about it. I live in his district, so I guess that makes me one of his constituents (shudder). Its unreal - during the recall, I didn't meet one person who even had anything marginally good to say about McGee, yet he beat the recall by a wide margin. The problem is that I live in the Lakefront Brewery area of his district. My whole neighborhood is condos, most of which are owned by young professionals. The problem is that most of his district is west of me and most of those people are fiercely loyal to him. He's constantly in the news and (I think) makes them feel as though their representative is always being vocal for their benefit. You should see the "district updates" he sends out. Anything good happening in the city is because of him, anything bad is because the city council / mayor / police department didn't do what he wanted. Their were some very good candidates in the recall election, ones that would actually help his district. Hopefully this will be the final straw and we'll actually be able to elect one of them. My worst nightmare is that McGee Jr. gets removed from office and McGee Sr. decides to get back into politics. He'd win.

The kicker - McGee rents an apartment in my side of the district. So while he appeals to and "fights for" the people living in Milwaukee's poorest neighborhoods, he quietly lives on my lily-white street.

And I wonder why Milwaukee politics are a disaster?

Wow.

I just wanted to add that in Schofield, two guys ran against each other for mayor in April and one sent out a mailer saying he'd be a better choice because he only worked part-time, and the other fella would be too busy. There was a mini-outcry about this and the other guy easily won, as people voted for the guy with a FT job.

What's funny is, I would imagine quite a stir if one was charged with extortion or battery, but in Milwaukee, you wonder if it will even matter.

All this time I never knew that Milwaukee had a gatekeeper!

Seriously, the only thing he could have possibly done to make this case any stronger would be to yell "MY NAME IS MICHAEL MCGEE AND I AM AN ALDERMAN! I AM THE GATEKEEPER TO ALL BUSINESSES WITHIN MY CITY-STATE!"

Archived