Brewer Fanatic

Have you ever won anything?

TracyThom

Pepsi is currently running a promotion where they give away loads of prizes everyday. www.transformyoursummer.com They did something similiar last year with the launch of the Xbox 360. I tried and tried and tried, but never won anything.

Has anyone here ever won any national sweepstakes or promotion? How about the home run inning contest or the Menard's big 7th inning? (I don't think anyone will ever win that one.)

The only thing I have ever won occurred about 20 years ago. I opened a pack of bubble gum and I was greeted with a "YOU WIN" on the wrapper. Turns out it was a promotion for Masters of the Universe. That was great because I was a big He-Man fan. When my prize arrived, turns out it was a figure of Stinkor, which I already owned.

i won the friday's call in thing at miller park twice one season.

this was before they switched the number on certain dates. i just had the number dialed in and hit send when the thing came up.

both times i was not sitting in the section i had tickets for, so i was unsure of what to do. both times i convinced someone in the section i was sitting in to give me their stub to claim the prize...$20 gift card or something to friday's.

At halftime of a high school basketball game, my raffle ticket was picked so I got to shoot for money. I made the free throw for $25, missed the $100 three point shot and then banked in the $250 halfcourt shot! The place went berserk and some of my friends came down and carried me around the court. I wish I hadn't blown the money on candy and whatever useless stuff I used to blow money on.

Oh yea just remembered something similar. I didn't win it but for those who go to Admirals games I caught a t-shirt they were throwing into the stands in Game 4 of the Western Conference Finals last year and that same game I caught a frisbee from Pekka Rinne after the game.

I won a 32" Sony plasma and Sony surround sound stereo about 4 years ago on Bob abd Brian's throbbing brain contest. I won it 2 days before the Super Bowl and Flanners was at my house the next morning to install is. The nice thing about winning something like that, obviously, is having the items. What people tend to forget are the taxes you pay. The prize package at the time was valued at around $5,000. I claimed the price I found it for on the internet around tax time which was about $3,000- so my "prize" still cost me about $800.00. I am not complaing by any means as I love the TV and it looks awesome, just scratch my head that nothing is truly free in this world.

I won a Jason Belcher-signed broken bat in the 2005 haiku night drawing, on this very site. I also won a basket of bath-type products at the 2006 fan fest. (Disclaimer: these both happened before I became a moderator.)

Obviously, this site makes me a winner.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Verified Member

Obviously, this site makes me a winner.

Ditto.

I won the Brewerfan.net raffle at the Beloit Snappers game at Miller Park. I have the Manny Parra autographed ball displayed proudly. Hoping it becomes a major league autograph in a few months. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Quote:
I won the cash equivalent of one year of free gas about six years ago on WKLH radio Milwaukee(some $600 IIRC)

that would last a couple months these days http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I remember trying to win that Xbox 360. I don't even really like Pepsi, but there contest fooled me into thinking that my chances of winning were good.

I biggest thing that I have won was a $150 package of fireworks from a fireworks stand. I have also won a ton of little things from business card drawings, most recently a Quizno's sub. I won't consider gambling winnings.

I think I've only won a few things...

1) Free Subway for my section at MP. I had to win a dance off, and I crushed my man. (Thanks again for those Tickets Pedro!)

2) Trivia Question at MP. Won a baseball bat, and a baseball trivia DVD that's still in it's wrapper.

3) Wade Marquette jersey form a Soda.

Quote:
You don't just have to pay sales tax on a prize?

You don't pay sales tax, you pay income tax. It is consideres taxable income. So basically you add on, in this case, $3,000 onto your earnings in which you paid no taxes on. Hence it ended up costing me around $800 off my tax return. Still worth it though, but the government should not get a cut of something someone decided to give away as a gift.

I guess maybe it is done to offset the tax right-off that Flanners claims by donating the prize.

1. Won a Kent biKe in a raffle of about 150 kids when I was 10. Kent wasn't known to have the best bikes but this one was sweeeeet.

2. Hit a superfecta at the Kenosha dog track when I was 19. The numbers (in order) 2-4-3-5 brought me a cool $9300.00. I left the track with 55 one-hundred dollar bills after taxes. It was one of the biggest of that year.

Every year our church has a golf outing that I volunteer to work at and two years ago I entered the raffle and won a set of custom made golf clubs. But since I don't golf I let a friend have them.

You didn't include your Halloween costume prize in income? Run, hide, the IRS is coming.

I gave that to my sister. In return, I own my brother-in-law for a weekend for drywalling. Does that mean I have to pay income tax on the prize AND offer health insurance to my brother in law? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Archived