Brewer Fanatic

What does "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner" mean?

AJAY
Verified Member

I give up.

What does "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner" mean? I hear Steve the Homer True say it on the radio all the time and it drives me nuts (partially because I don't understand it, and partially because it sounds so dumb and annoying and they repeat it all the time). Someone also used that phrase in the game thread too.

I searched online and all I saw was a gambling reference. But it wasn't really clear.

Can someone explain?

Yeah I agree it's very annoying. Especially his little weasel producer always says "You want some, come get some."

Homer is The Belling of sports radio, he always needs to be right and other people opinions do not matter.

[ Homer is The Belling of sports radio, he always needs to be right and other people opinions do not matter. ]

I've been falling in love with Homer recently, at least as far as his baseball opinions go. Listening call-in's get their asses handed to them regarding splits is worth it.

Quote:
Homer is The Belling of sports radio, he always needs to be right and other people opinions do not matter.

I agree there. I listen to 1510am on my way into work because I enjoy Mike & Mike but when I turn my radio on for the way home I click Homer off immediately. The guy's ego is way out of control (see: title of his show) and he's quite annoying. I agree completely on the chicken dinner line as well.

Gary & Cliff aren't very good either but in a market where modern rock music is taboo, they're the only option other than grabbing for a CD.

Rp

Quote:
Especially his little weasel producer always says "You want some, come get some."

Agreed.

The little weasel has a voice for, well, print media. I turn off the show for a while on the way home when I hear it.

i like Homer, I don't mind is ego at all, I would rather listen to him on 1510 than Gary Ellerson say:

WHAATSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! CRACKINNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

MILWAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUKEEEEEE!!!!

BBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM....

Gosh, I just want to tell him that he sounds like an idiot, plus listening to GAry and Cliff is even worse, Gary thinks that he knows everything because he played a pro sport, and Cliff gets shut down by him all the time because he isn't a "jock" I can't stand those two...Tim Allen is the only guy I like on 1250, Sparky needs to go to Chicago...

The best Sportsradio station show is the D-list, hands down, but the problem is, I am always in school

Thanks for the lesson on "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner." The boys and I say it all the time, but we're just stealing that from Tin Cup. I guess it makes sense that it was a gambling thing.

I probably said "Winner, winner, chicken dinner" in the IGT. I say it aloud. I don't listen to 1510 so I didn't realize someone else was saying it there. I don't remember where I got it from, just kept using it.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Also david stien uses it.

That's where I first heard the phrase. I can't help but think that Homer stole that line from Stein. His entire show has been so quite unoriginal and boring since he switched to 1510.

Archived