Brewer Fanatic

Cubs fans hating Braun, entertaining

To be fair, the dude did say "Hell I root for four pro sports teams that never win championships."

I know everyone here is punchy about Cubs fans and all, but...

http://www.8notes.com/wiki/images/Mj872.jpg

"HEAL THE WORLD...MAKE IT A BETTER PLAAACE..."

OK, so nevermind.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.red-hot-mama.com/images/uploads/TB.gif

Sorry, I had to throw that out there.

I never had a problem with Cubs fans until they started playing well. Since then, a ton of bandwagon fans hopped on and dumbed down the fanbase.

There's still Cubs fans out there that would make me not want to wretch.

Well put BTA. I think the same can be said about the Brewers though.

I know some good Cub fans, and I know some real jerk Cub fans. Lets just hope the good fans shine through on both sides and not the band wagoners.

Coming from a Brewers fan perspective, I have to agree with the Cubs fans in terms of Ryan Braun being cocky and full of himself. So is Prince Fielder, Ben Sheets, and Francisco Cordero for that matter. Good players tend to be pretty cocky about it (see A-Rod, K-Rod, Tejada, Ortiz, Ramirez, or Clemens to name a few). Very few have Albert Pujols or Johan Santana's deameanor. Trust me, having cocky ******* on your team is a good thing.

I was watching Sportscenter the other day and watching Soriano and Ramirez plastering balls all over the park and thinking to myself how the swagger is back in Chicago and the Brewers should be worried but then I watched Brewers highlights and watched Braun and Prince both admiring their well-hit balls and realized there's plenty of swagger in the Brewers clubhouse too. It's going to be a pretty good race between two talented and cocky teams and I can't wait to watch it. As Brewers fans, we should embrace the cockiness!!!!

Who are they kidding? A-Ram is the biggest showoff in the game today! Not to mention they have a punk Lee at first base who still needs to serve a 5-game suspension for clocking Young in the face. Typical north-siders though.

Quote:
Not to mention they have a punk Lee at first base who still needs to serve a 5-game suspension for clocking Young in the face. Typical north-siders though.

Not that I care ALL that much, but Derrek Lee is far from a punk. In my opinion, he is one of the sports figures who is what sports figures should be. He is a class act in my book.

His one moment of punching Chris Young will not damage his reputation for me. He has done too much good, and been too much of a class act for one moment to change my mind.

I'm not a big fan of pictures for sigs but this one is great

So violence against children trips your trigger?http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif I'll troll around and see if I have footage of my brother shooting himself in the foot with a pellet gun. I have to admit I laughed at both him shooting himself and the picture sig you posted. Guess that makes me pretty sadistic as well.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Anyone that was angry about Braun admiring his shot tonight clearly is misunderstanding the situation. The is a guy on first and no one out. What is supposed to do, sprint out of the box and pass JJ? The most he can do is a slow jog to first base and wait for the result.

And that pose by Ramirez was pretty bad.

Verified Member
I definitely agree with them about upgrading the forums here. The interface and not having the ability to simply quote a specific poster easily and respond to them in a thread to elaborate on their point or start a more specific discussion is extremely frustrating after using other message boards. I'd post here much more often if the forum were upgraded to something more user friendly.

Oh I agree davego, like I said I don't mind at all. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Just pointing out that I've noticed it too.

And for that matter, I noticed Billy Hall doing a lot of the same thing from the game winning HR against the Tigers up until he got hurt. I can understand the Tigers HR kind of broke him out of a big slump and was a big HR for the team, but I noticed him watch a double that could have been a triple, and just admire some of his hits a little longer than normal after that.

I played and coached a lot of sports and this stuff never botherd me. Now, as a fan I can see it more an admit that it rubs me a bit. Back in the day as a player and then when I went to the sidelines and pretended to coach; never really noticed or cared much.

?not having the ability to simply quote a specific poster easily and respond to them in a thread to elaborate on their point or start a more specific discussion?
If the Yuku migration happens, the quote feature will be much more user-friendly. If more specific discussion means longer thread titles, Yuku offers that option, too. Right now, we're stuck with 60 characters. My vote is for 200.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Cubs fans don't have any clue what they're talking about. Just the other day I ran into a "huge Cubs fan" who "loves baseball" who had no idea that there was a team called the Orioles that played in Baltimore.

I kind of scratched my head and changed the subject.

I haven't looked at that thread since this morning, but at that point, I thought it was apparent that that particular group know what they were talking about.

Quote:
Cubs fans don't have any clue what they're talking about. Just the other day I ran into a "huge Cubs fan" who "loves baseball" who had no idea that there was a team called the Orioles that played in Baltimore.

Sample size alert! Seriously, there are going to be those fans who jumped on in 2003(obviously that guy). Most of em are pretty decent people who actually know a ton about baseball in general. If you ever see an old cubs fan(60+, the thicker the glasses the better) start up a conversation with em. Those guys alone will show you not all of em are the no nothings that many my age are. Whenever i go to wrigley to see a Brewers game, i always try to talk to one of em. They have such interesting stories about watching players from the 40s and 50s and how they view the Cubs now and how they feel about how they are run. It will truly open your eyes.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Sample size alert!
Bingo! We also need to keep in mind that we can't judge a message board from a semi-WOAH SOLVDD thread. Keep in mind that this site has those, too. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I live in Chicago, so I have no problem with sample size when it comes to Cubs fans.

I thought that this woman would know what she was talking about. She came up to me and said, "Turnbow's gonna lose all your games for you."

Archived