Brewer Fanatic

Fausto Carmona is not who he says he is

JohnBriggs12

Per tweet of Dionisio Soldelvia of the AP, Carmona's real name is Roberto Hernandez Heredia, and he's not 28. He's 31. He's going to have VISA problems in all likelihood.

That's the 2nd guy in the past year who's been playing under an assumed name and a false age. One wonders how many others there are. Apparently MLB is too busy leaking medical information on league MVP's to ESPN to notice.

So, what happens with the guy's name? Do we still call him Fausto?

No. Leo Nunez is now called Juan Oviedo, at least on MLB.com.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

MLB needs to do a better job "vetting" these foreign born players.

Full beards at age 11 would be a tipoff. You'd think MLB could hire an investigation firm to verify ages of prospects if they can pay Bud Selig $22 million a year to turn into the JoPa of MLB.

Wow, three year age difference. That's a pretty bad contract so if I'm the Indians, I see if there's a way I can void it.
I'm assuming that wouldn't be too difficult since he signed the contract with the the signature of a different name. Besides being fraud, there could also be someone originally named Fausto Carmona, making it identity theft. He should be more worried about avoiding jail or deportation than whether his contract will hold up.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Wow, three year age difference. That's a pretty bad contract so if I'm the Indians, I see if there's a way I can void it.
I'm assuming that wouldn't be too difficult since he signed the contract with the the signature of a different name. Besides being fraud, there could also be someone originally named Fausto Carmona, making it identity theft. He should be more worried about avoiding jail or deportation than whether his contract will hold up.

I don't think he will get into any trouble. Wandy Rodriguez came out fine and it looks like the former Leo Nunez won't have any issues either.

But "Fausto" is so much cooler...
Seriously.

-harp sounds-

...if I could move to the land of opportunity(!) to play a child's game in front of tens of thousands every night, my name would be:

Giancarlo Von Boomstocken!

-harp sounds-

Archived