Brewer Fanatic

Surprise Surprise......LaRussa

markedman5

http://i.imgur.com/ded1y.gif

The only thing that would make this picture even better is if the Cards had actually lost the W.S.

Edit: And as a rule of thumb, people who become overly defensive in their denials after being questioned about something, ala LaRussa, are usually guilty as charged.

Follow me on Twitter

Who was the Milwaukee reporter that he got into the confrontation with (regarding the Braun beaning)?
I believe it was Greg Matzek from 620 WTMJ. He said he was in bed at home when Braun was beaned, and was so mad that he got dressed and drove to Miller Park to confront La Russa. Awesome.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

In that article, he says that is was his responsibility to respond to the Pujols HBP by intentionally hitting Braun. He admitted that he told Motte to peg Braun. Wow.

"The future Hall of Fame manager explained his rationale for ordering retaliation when his players were hit by pitches and confessed to calling on Jason Motte to drill Brewers left fielder Ryan Braun after Pujols had been hit with a high, inside pitch during the teams' Aug. 3 game at Miller Park. La Russa later engaged a Milwaukee radio reporter in a contentious exchange about the incident but Friday called it his "responsibility" to respond."

• 7 months later...

There is a small article in the JSOnline today that talks about TLR's new autobiography "The Last Strike." Ugh.. Just go away Tony! I don't know why anyone would ever feel the need to sit down and make yourself feel angry by reading it? Maybe it would have a use in the bathroom? Anyway, here is a small bit of it quoted in the article by Bob Wolfley...

"On Aug. 2, the Cardinals beat the Brewers, 8-7, in a game in which Pujols was hit in the seventh inning by a pitch that was high and tight. "We felt we had to send a message to the Brewers," La Russa says. "In the bottom half of the inning, we had Jason Motte hit Ryan Braun, the eventual MVP of the league. He did what we taught and hit Braun square in the back, thereby minimizing any chances of injury. Tempers flared, but I did what I had to do then, we went about it the right way, and I stand by that decision today."

There is a small article in the JSOnline today that talks about TLR's new autobiography "The Last Strike."

I assume it's about 2,000 pages long and will take 4 years to read.

The audio book will employ seven different readers, including three in one chapter.

There is a small article in the JSOnline today that talks about TLR's new autobiography "The Last Strike."

I assume it's about 2,000 pages long and will take 4 years to read.

The audio book will employ seven different readers, including three in one chapter.

We can close this thread, it has been won.

*Insert Standing Ovation Gif*

I honestly worried, after reading the thread title, that Selig had named TLR as his successor. I still can't get that nightmare scenario out of my head.

That's not even funny. Not even a little bit. Just the thought of that even being possible makes me sick. That guy is a jackass and the sooner he disappears from baseball the better. Threads about him make me want to circumvent the cuss filter.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Can we shut this thread down so I don't get angry every single time I come on here? He's the only elderly person of all time i would lay out if I ever came in contact with him in public. The baseball side is only part of the reason I hate him... Just seems like a completely awful person through and through.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

So now that LaRussa has admitted the beaning was done on purpose, shouldn't Motte get suspended?

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Archived