Brewer Fanatic

What do we still need to address?

RobDeer 45
Unless something unexpected happens, I think the backup SS/2B job is going to Izturis. I expect the backup 3B / RH bat off the bench will be Conrad with Green going to AAA.
if it's izturis and conrad, somebody else might to have to lose a spot on the 40-man roster . . . i say "might" because if braun's suspended, a spot opens up (albeit briefly).

Conrad is a switch-hitter, just to clarify. I actually thought he was a lefty & had to check.

I think they need to evaluate their bullpen candidates for the 6th and 7th innings.

Here are the arms that I count the Brewers would be choosing from there: Parra, Braddock, Kintzler, Estrada, De La Cruz, Fiers, Loe, Manzanillo, Veras. Even with the individual concerns about certain players, that's a pretty large pool from which to pick.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Conrad is a switch-hitter, just to clarify. I actually thought he was a lefty & had to check.

Thanks. I thought he was a righty, and didn't check :-)

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Thanks. I thought he was a righty, and didn't check :-)

His splits suggest he's not much of a switch hitter though.

To expand:

(three year splits)

as RHB: 69 AB, .275 avg / .367 OBP / .478 SLG / .845 OPS

as LHB: 244 AB, .221 avg / .298 OBP / .430 SLG / .728 OPS

Not a huge sample as a RHB, but I'd guess he was brought on mainly as a PH vs LHP who could also act as a utility IF (he played 1 game at 1B, 10 at 2B, 8 at 3B and 75 as PH last season). This allows the Brewers to send Green to AAA to play everyday to be fresh in case Ramirez or Weeks gets injured, and to preserve service time.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

I'd guess he was brought on mainly as a PH vs [R]HP who could also act as a utility IF

This was my impression of him, & why I thought he was only a LHB http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived