Brewer Fanatic

Brewers claim infielder Jeff Bianchi from Cubs

djoctagone
Is he worth a 40-man roster spot though? At the expense of whom? I don't know. The team surely needs more middle infielders in the minors though.
tim dillard and frankie de la cruz are both out of minor league options. if they don't make the club out of spring training, they have to be outrighted off the 40-man roster. dillard for sure could declare free agency, as he's been outrighted before. i'm not sure about de la cruz. i certainly hope that there are other pitchers healthy enough to make the club ahead of dillard and de la cruz, so the brewers will have two spots open up (barring any trades for major leaguers).

we'll also know soon enough whether not ryan braun gets suspended. that (unfortuntely) would open up another 40-man roster spot (albeit briefly). likewise, we have an open spot due to the suspended mark rogers, but we'll have to have a spot available when his suspension ends after the eighth game in april (rogers can be optioned if you missed the announcement).

Archived