Brewer Fanatic

Are the yellow jerseys comiing back?

MVP2110

I really like the yellow on the official jerseys. They look good with the home white pants and differ from the blue of the road alternates. What I don't like is the cheap knockoff jerseys made in yellow. They look completely different than the actual color used in the official jerseys.

A good yellow mustard color would be good, in case you actually get mustard on your jersey. It'll just blend in better. I speak from experience unfortunately.

I think anyone that's ever gone to a Miller Park game has a story along the same lines. We need a red-ish jersey for stadium sauce.

A good yellow mustard color would be good, in case you actually get mustard on your jersey. It'll just blend in better. I speak from experience unfortunately.

I think anyone that's ever gone to a Miller Park game has a story along the same lines. We need a red-ish jersey for stadium sauce.

The Brewers would claim it's for the "brick" that's still considered an official team color for some ridiculous reason (because the stitches in the baseball on the logo, actually, and "brick" because it sorta ties into the exterior of the stadium -- DUMB!!!!).

I hope we never see that happen (red jerseys, not spilled Secret Stadium Sauce, that is).

The gold jerseys were cool and I wouldn't mind seeing them again.

I really, really hated those yellow jerseys and just assumed the masses felt the same way, so I'm surprised so many of you want them back.

Best color I can think of to describe that particular shade was "urine." That shade was just plain awful.

Besides, this isn't the University of Oregon - how many specialty/alternate jerseys do we need? The stupid extra hats the MLB mandates every season are bad enough, IMO

I really, really hated those yellow jerseys and just assumed the masses felt the same way, so I'm surprised so many of you want them back.

Best color I can think of to describe that particular shade was "urine." That shade was just plain awful.

Besides, this isn't the University of Oregon - how many specialty/alternate jerseys do we need? The stupid extra hats the MLB mandates every season are bad enough, IMO

I'll agree on the stupid mandated caps -- camouflage &/or the stars/stripes -- yuck!!!!

I for one loved the camo hats. i actually own one. the 4th of july hats though usually suck unless they correspond with the teams normal uniform colors. And I like the Yellow jerseys cause it brings something a little different. To me blue and gray and white are just boring after they get used. I dont mind a 4th or 5th alternate because as long as they don't overuse them

I for one loved the camo hats. i actually own one. the 4th of july hats though usually suck unless they correspond with the teams normal uniform colors. And I like the Yellow jerseys cause it brings something a little different. To me blue and gray and white are just boring after they get used. I dont mind a 4th or 5th alternate because as long as they don't overuse them
Disagree completely.

I'd be all for only having a white home and gray road jersey. I don't like colored jerseys such as the current blue alternates or the gold one. I would prefer to have any alternates be the throwback variety honoring the past i.e. Ball in glove logo home and away or Negro club tributes.

Call me old fashioned, but I just prefer the simplicity of the Yankees or Dodgers with generally only wearing 2 jerseys, a home and away.

Disagree completely.

I'd be all for only having a white home and gray road jersey. I don't like colored jerseys such as the current blue alternates or the gold one. I would prefer to have any alternates be the throwback variety honoring the past i.e. Ball in glove logo home and away or Negro club tributes.

Call me old fashioned, but I just prefer the simplicity of the Yankees or Dodgers with generally only wearing 2 jerseys, a home and away.

See this would be where we differ than cause I love the stand out jerseys across the league. The Giants orange, the Royals baby blue, The Rays baby blue, The A's yellow, The Orioles Orange. So on and so forth lol

I like the yellow jerseys, would much rather they be the third alternates than the ball and glove retro crap.
Yes. Yes. Yes.

I like the ball-glove logo. No, I love it. But there's greater value in the past remaining in the past than forcing the past back into the present.

While the Brewers led the charge the retro-throwback thing, it's become "normal" enough that it's lost enough novelty, especially that the "current" team has made as many playoff appearances in the current look ('08, '11) as the "golden era" teams did in the "classic" look ('81, '82).

I'll bring up one other thought, though I'm still not sure if I think this is a good idea or not:

Old ball-glove logo in current colors as the logo for the caps to go with the gold jerseys. Gold jerseys could be a Friday or Sunday thing -- something where they'd be worn enough but still kept squarely "in their place" as an alternate uniform -- and with the old logo design, they could take the place of the retro unis entirely.

After all, we had the retro thing going while Brady Clark was still a Brewer. That's long enough ago. Retire those babies while many are still inclined to view them positively rather than wait too long to where the look has grown completely tired.

(Besides, there was a stretch there where the Brewers' record whilst wearing the retro duds wasn't very good, which took much of the shine off 'em for me. I don't recall how long that lasted, though I'm sure someone has records of that to be looked up somewhere.)

Archived