Brewer Fanatic

Does anyone have XM or Sirius?

Patrick425

I've been an XM subscriber for I believe 6 or 7 years now. My belief was always that subscribers got XM on the internet for free. I have been listening to it on and off at work online ever since I first became a subscriber and don't ever remember paying anything extra for that feature. My subscription ran out on December 31st and was autmatically renewed for another 3 years. I tried loggin in online today and my password didn't work. When I contacted support they told me it's an extra $3 a month to get the online service and that it's been that way since 2004. Obviously, I was bit surprised at this.

I don't want XM internet access enough to pay an extra $3 a month and I'm a bit angry that they charge for this when there are so many other free options for listening to music on the internet.

Does anyone else have XM or Sirius. Do you listen online at all, and if so, have you been paying extra for it?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I have XM, don't listen to online since they started charging extra for it. I think it was sometime after 2004 since I don't think I even had XM until 2005. More like 2008 or 2009 that they changed that. And I think they let you listen for free online until your renewal date as I am paying yearly.

dadofandrew[/b]]I think it is XM Sirius now, the 3rd choice is hardly known.

3rd choice? Yeah...they call it XM/Sirius, but if you are an XM subscriber you get XM content and if you are a Sirius subscriber you get Sirius content. When they merged, I was hoping that I would get some extra stations/content but you have to pay extra to get "cross-over" content. I basically get the same stations I got when it was just XM.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I have XM, don't listen to online since they started charging extra for it. I think it was sometime after 2004 since I don't think I even had XM until 2005. More like 2008 or 2009 that they changed that. And I think they let you listen for free online until your renewal date as I am paying yearly.

2009 would make more sense since my 3 year subscription just ran out on 12/31 and maybe I was still included in the "free option". The person on the chat support kept stating that they started charging in 2004. Didn't make any sense.

I've been an XM subscriber since about '05. I was pretty annoyed by this change also, but I use it enough to pay the extra. The online charge didn't start until after the "merge", I want to say in '09.

The merger did bring some channels from Sirius over to XM, but not as many as you would have thought.

Also, no one should be paying more than $25 for every 6 months of service. I think this is the best deal, the only downside being that you have to call and talk to someone every 6 months.

Schlitz001 wrote:
I've been an XM subscriber since about '05. I was pretty annoyed by this change also, but I use it enough to pay the extra. The online charge didn't start until after the "merge", I want to say in '09.
I've never had either, but here's my guess. Sirius has charged for online since '04. After the merger in '08 XM started charging also. So the lady at the chat is correct from a Sirius point of view and it had been free until '09 from the XM point of view.

After some research:
XM Radio Wikipedia Page:

Prior to March 11, 2009, XMRO was included with XM Radio subscriptions.

The Sirius Radio Wikipedia Page simply states that online listening requires an extra fee. This might imply it was never offered in the normal subscription deal.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

• 6 months later...

I'm hoping someone can help me with an XM Sirus question. I currently have an XM Subscription, but I looking to purchase a Ford Fusion which seems to have Sirius radio only. One of the main reasons I like XM is because I can pick up baseball games. However, it appears that Sirius only has baseball games available online and not through a radio service. I called SiriusXM to ask questions about this, but they did not exactly instill confidence with the answers they gave. Can I get baseball games on a Sirius radio?

Believe it or not this might determine which type of car I buy. I currently have a "portable" XM radio in my car. I hate all the wires and I'm looking forward to getting a new car with the radio pre-installed. I don't want to buy a car with Sirius radio and have to have it ripped out just to install an XM radio.

Can I get baseball games on a Sirius radio?

I'm almost positive that no you can't. You can only get the games on an XM radio or online or on a smartphone. I have both services. Or did until a few days ago when I traded in my Ford Focus. At the moment I just have a portable XM player which I listen to at work. I'd go the portable XM route myself. But yeah if you don't want to do that or get XM to replace Sirius in your Ford you'll probably have to get a different car.

Sirius doesn't offer anything that includes the XM baseball games on a Sirius radio. You can get MLB Radio but that's it. If you have a Sirius radio and pay for the package that offers the most possible channels you'll get all the Sirius channels plus some of the stuff from XM like Opie & Anthony and Oprah and some other sports channels, but not the baseball game channels.

We have Sirius but we don't get the online option, sorry. Each 6 months we cancel... then they send us 6 more months for $25 offers and we sign back up.

I'm a big Stern fan. Got my girlfriend hooked too.

Archived