Brewer Fanatic

Other sport?

Alexpos

Hey everyone,

Just for fun I know we are all Brewers fan (DUH!) but wich team you are a fan in the others sports?

for me (In order of importance) :

Hockey: Montreal Canadiens
Baseball: Milwaukee Brewers
NFL: Detroit Lions
NBA:?...LOL:p

MLB: Brewers, I've been searching for an AL team and my partner's folks bought me a bunch of Tiger's gear for Xmas so I guess I found one. I like the Rays a lot too.

College Hockey: Alaska

NFL: Lions, Packers. I'm a Lions fan first, but I usually find myself rooting for the Packers because they typically have something to play for.

College BB: Badgers, Marquette (unless they play the Badgers)

NBA: Bucks

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

NFL: Lions, Packers. I'm a Lions fan first, but I usually find myself rooting for the Packers because they typically have something to play for.
I'm Curious, since we both are Lions and Brewers fan, why the Lions over the Packers? (Also like you I don't hate the Packers BTW)

I was a kid and watched Barry Sanders play. That was enough for me. I guess I also wanted to be different than all of my friends and family. I always followed the Packers, but didn't really become a fan until Favre was gone and A-Rod took over.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Brewers

Badgers

Packers

Blackhawks

Bucks

There are myriad reasons why I lost interest in the NBA, but ultimately it came down to not having enough time. NBA was at the bottom of the totem pole.

April - October = MLB

September - January = College FB/NFL (easy since they never play on the same day)

January - March = College basketball (I don't really get fired up for basketball until the Badgers start conference play...only non-conf games I make it a point to watch are Marquette and the ACC challenge game)

March/April til whenever it ends = NHL playoffs

Breaking it down like this, there's little overlap and I can focus my attention on one sport at a time.

Community Moderator

MLB: Brewers

---Huge gap in interest---

NFL: Packers

College: Badger Football/Basketball (Marquette #2)

NHL: Florida Panthers (Also like San Jose Sharks/Nashville Predators)

NBA: Bucks (fair weather fan)

MLS: Seattle Sounders

Golf: Steve Stricker/Tiger Woods

The Sharks were my adopted NHL team when I lived in Wisconsin, but I picked up the Panthers upon moving to South Florida. I have no interest in the other South Florida sports teams, but the Panthers are somewhat neglected/ignored which appeals to me and keeps the ticket prices affordable. The Predators are interesting because they have great fans and have the Admirals connection.

I like the MLS Sounders also because they have an awesome fanbase and I would like to move to the Pacific Northwest someday.

Like OWBC and others, the Brewers / MLB are my #1 sports interest by far.

After that I follow select University of Wisconsin sports. We have season tickets for Badger volleyball and share with someone else season tickets for men's basketball. I'm not much into football, but the football Badgers are hard to ignore since we live in the 'hood and cannot get to work and back without walking/riding right by Camp Randall.

My casual sports follows include:

College basketball (mostly men's) - I love Championship Week, even more than the NCAA tournament. Yet the NBA doesn't interest me one bit.

College hockey (men's and women's) - though like basketball, the NHL doesn't interest me at all.

High school basketball. I try to take a day off every year to hang out at the Kohl Center for either the girls' or boys' WIAA tournament, which for me is as much about the atmosphere as it is the hoops on the court.

I got burned out on the NFL years ago. Living in Green Bay the two years prior to the Favre era hastened the burnout.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I like MLB and the Brewers miles and miles ahead of anything else.

I would like Marquette to have a good men's basketball team, though my interest is really only because of hometown pride.

That's really about it. No hockey, no football, no auto racing, no NBA, no tennis or golf. . .

MLB satisfies my sports needs all year round.

MLB: Brewers

NFL: Packers - Redskins (Only follow to see how they screw up this time)

NBA: Bucks (fair weather) - Wizards (Ditto from Redskins)

NHL: Grew up in CT and disowned hockey after Whalers moved to Carolina. Really like hockey but hard to love again.

NCAAF: Badgers

NCAAB: George Washington (Alum but they stink right now so casually follow Badgers)

Soccer: US Men & Women

MLB: Brewers and A's - Been a fan of both virtually all of my life, with the Brewers always being #1 in my heart. I was a huge Rickey Henderson fan, though, as well as Bash Brothers, and all the way until the current day.

NFL: Packers. Obviously.

NCAA: UW and Marquette. I cheer for the public school kids when they play each other.

NBA: Half of a Bucks fan. I try.

I'm a UFC/MMA fanatic.

I watch the WWE and wish it was 13-15 years ago and I could watch WCW when there was a Divas match or other bad stuff and then watch ECW on the weekend. So, I just download old stuff and watch that when I want to see good stuff.

This year I have gotten into the Premier League and stuff, but don't really have an official team yet. Probably Manchester City. Kun Aguero blows my mind. Soccer is becoming a far more enjoyable experience for me the more I watch it.

1. Brewers

2. Badgers football

3. Bears
4. Bucks (well sort of haven't really watched many of their games for the last few years)

I think I have watched as many NFL games as I have watched Bucks games which totals about 5 in the last few years. The NFL is absolutely boring right now way to much parity and the fact that teams can go 8-8 and can make the playoffs while a team with a better record sits out is rather absurd. Plus I am absolutely bored with the NFL as it is now. The NBA should contract down to 10 teams that way all of the talent can be slimmed down to N.Y., L.A., Miami, Chicago, and Boston. Just place two teams in each of those cities and the NBA would be better off for it.

MLB: Brewers and A's - Like Brettac1 I grew up loving the Bash Brothers and Ricky Henderson. Then became interested in them again when the Big 3 showed up and when Moneyball became a big deal. I haven't followed them very closely the past two seasons (outside of Jamile Weeks), but they're a team I root for.

NFL: Packers there's really no team I root for all that much, but because of fantasy football I know a lot about individual players.

NBA: No interest

NHL: I don't follow hockey enough because we don't have a team. I wish we did, but that probably won't ever happen. I always root for a Canadian team in the Stanley Cup though. I despise southern hockey teams since they don't get snow.

I don't follow much college sports either.

Archived