Brewer Fanatic

Tablet/Kindle Fire question (Latest: new iPad available March 16; post 32)

Patrick425

No, I knew you guys just meant to take it somewhere else for troubleshooting. Sorry, I didn't make that clear. It's just that either way I'm left with the possible solution of buying a new router, which is not really something I want to do. Not because I'm super attached to the one I have now or even because of the expense but just because it does work for the rest of my stuff so I don't really want to disrupt that just to try to get the ipad online.

Plus, before I bought a new router, I would kind of want an Apple person to explain to me what it was that was going wrong (or at least offer a plausible explanation or two) so I could be reasonably confident it wouldn't happen even with a new router. Something about the reasoning of "well, we don't know, why not buy yet another of our products and see if that fixes things" kind of rubs me the wrong way. Especially because you only get 2 weeks to return something to the Apple store. My family was visiting last week so I really only got to mess around with the iPad on the 16th and 17th and then again yesterday and today. I'm cutting it real close if I buy a new router now.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't take the time to find a good article, but I believe that a small number of third generation iPad buyers are experiencing WiFi issues. The solution might be as simple as bringing home a different iPad. But like I said, only do that if you're guaranteed more time to opt to return it outright.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'd go online and make a Genius Bar appointment at the Apple Store

Genius Bar, seriously? The likelihood of me ever owning an Apple product just dropped from 10% to less than 1%.

I guess when it comes to the in-store tech nerds, I'm more apt to degrade them as "geeks" instead of anointing them as "geniuses". :)

You could use chadomac's term and call it the Dweeb Bar. :)

I usually give people the benefit of the doubt and refer to them as gurus until they fail me. When they goof up, they used to be downgraded to geeks or nerds, but I now like dweebs.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived