Brewer Fanatic

RUMOR! major sponsorship change at Miller Park (update contract w/ Pepsi expired)

patrickgpe

Coke/Pepsi, Mtn Dew/Mello Yello...who cares?

My annoyance with soda availability at restaurants is they almost never have anything diet except Coke or Pepsi. I don't like cola and I don't want 200 or more empty calories from sugar. All I want is a diet 7up, sprite, sierra mist, fresca, or 50/50...any variety with a citrus based flavor will do. I now often just bring my own bottle of water or soda in and drink it at fast food places. At restaurants, if I am not having a beer, I'll ask if they have any diet soda beside cola and when the answer is no, I just take water.

Of course, the better fast food option is to go to Chipotle or Qudoba and get an XX Amber or something.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coke/Pepsi, Mtn Dew/Mello Yello...who cares?

Pepsi is a big deal because they are one of the few companies willing to invest in the city of Milwaukee. While I was at UWM both us and Marquette had a deal with Pepsi to start club football teams under a 5 year deal, with Pepsi covering the cost. If the teams grew and were successful Pepsi committed to build a downtown stadium for the two teams to share. I dont know what happened to the deal but Pepsi didnt the same thing with UConn football a few years back. I think it would probably be a deal killer if they lost the MP sponsership.

My annoyance with soda availability at restaurants is they almost never have anything diet except Coke or Pepsi. I don't like cola and I don't want 200 or more empty calories from sugar. All I want is a diet 7up, sprite, sierra mist, fresca, or 50/50...any variety with a citrus based flavor will do.
Amen to this. My SO is diabetic and he doesn't always want a ton of caffeine in the evening, but at most establishments it's either caffeine, sugar or both. He gets the designated-driver soda voucher at the ballpark and his only choice has been Diet Pepsi (though admittedly it probably helps him stay awake on the drive home from games). I don't much like cola either, unless it has cherry or vanilla flavor, and caffeine at a night game will keep me up all night - so I usually either get lemonade or bring in my own G2.

We were both impressed with Progressive Field in Cleveland when we visited in 2009 - their menu included Diet Dr. Pepper. Vernor's is great and I would love to enjoy one at a game. Sadly, the only place I've seen 20 oz bottles of it is in Michigan.

(On a barely related note, are any other chat room regulars paying attention to this thread and thinking back to some of our legendary soda rallies?)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Who cares about coke or pepsi... its Mountain Dew we need to keep!

If it changes, I'll second the Canadian Dry Deck... at least as long as DM and Ash are around. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I'd prefer Vernor's myself.

Let me re-emphasize: I'll second the Canadian Dry Deck... at least as long as DM and Ash are around.

Frankly, I don't care about Ginger Ale all that much... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Hawing, given the state of many attempts to escape the parking lots at MP, I wish more people would drink that last sugar-laced (save for the diabetics), caffeinated Pepsi/MD/whatever and a little less on the beer side. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif Granted, I've found the preferred parking much easier to get in and out of. For the sheer numbers, but also because people seem to be more compliant about taking turns when multiple lines yield into one.

Who cares about coke or pepsi... its Mountain Dew we need to keep!

If it changes, I'll second the Canadian Dry Deck... at least as long as DM and Ash are around. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I'd prefer Vernor's myself.

Let me re-emphasize: I'll second the Canadian Dry Deck... at least as long as DM and Ash are around.

Frankly, I don't care about Ginger Ale all that much... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Hawing, given the state of many attempts to escape the parking lots at MP, I wish more people would drink that last sugar-laced (save for the diabetics), caffeinated Pepsi/MD/whatever and a little less on the beer side. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif Granted, I've found the preferred parking much easier to get in and out of. For the sheer numbers, but also because people seem to be more compliant about taking turns when multiple lines yield into one.

I understood what you meant, I was just professing my love for Vernors. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

For those looking for flavor choices, the new Wing Stop that just opened down the road from Miller Park is rumored to have a Coke Freestyle machine.

http://www.coca-colafreestyle.com/

I'm glad you posted that. There's a Wing Stop in Madison as well (for Madison veterans, it occupies the space once known as the Taco John's on Regent) and I was wondering why they had a "100+" beverage flavor sign in their window. No one in our household is heavily into wings, but the prospect of Caffeine Free Diet Cherry Vanilla (or another flavor) Coke? That might just lure us in.

If Miller Park went to Coca-Cola Freestyle, I might never leave. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Me and Mrs H5 and Daughter H5 visited the Miller Park area Wing Stop today for lunch.

The Coke Freestyle machine was coolish. . .but I just don't know how many flavors I'm really interested in. FYI--The Diet Coke w/Raspberry is a one and done for me. I settled on the Diet Coke with Lime. . .though that's been available in cans for quite awhile. But it is a cool machine.

The wings were pretty good. We picked Original Hot with Blue Cheese dipping sauce--tried to make it as Buffalo-ey as possible. They were good. I prefer a crispier skin, but these were good. Not a big fan of the sugary seasoning they put on the fries--though you can order them plain, and salt your own.

The place is open until midnight 7 days a week, which is good to know. . .

It was certainly worth a return visit to try the other flavors of wings. . .

i think i need to go there for lunch tomorrow to experience this coke freestyle (although i am not a huge fan of wings, do they only serve wings or chicken tenders too

Wings with or without bones. . .Chicken Strips. . .something called a Glider Sandwich, which I think is just a small breaded chicken sandwich. No burgers. No hotdogs. It's a chicken shop.

You can get them flavored 9 ways, plus a few different dipping sauces.

The coke machine is cool, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's a fountain drink machine with a touch screen and a bunch of different flavors. In the end, you're drinking a soda, so unless you're completely jacked about diet caffeine-free Mello Yellow with a splash of Vanilla Coke Zero, the novelty will wear off as soon as you put the straw to your lips.

I kind of equate it to the M&M stores where you can get M&Ms in a variety of colors.

In the end, it's still M&Ms, even if they're neon pink.

They also sell bottled beer there. There were maybe 15-20 tables. A couple of televisions. A nice place for wings. Cool that they're open late.

Everything is made to order, so you have to wait 14 minutes after your order to get your food.

Enjoy!

went there on sunday, chicken was good. would much rather go there than bw3's. Soda machine was pretty cool but i could see it being largely inefficient when the restraunt was busy since the few people that were in the restaurant when i got there took a few minutes each playing with it.

Community Moderator
This is getting way off-topic, but Sprecher makes the best (and strongest) ginger ale and if you like Vernors I highly recommend it. Maybe the Brewers should try a contract with Sprecher for sodas--they could sell root beer alongside the regular beer for about $5.00/cup.

You know, when this thread first started, I was curious what the sponsorship thing was going to be about and then I realized that I really didn't care, as long as it wasn't something like "NAMBLA Field at Miller Park."

Then I saw that the thread had gone on for 100 posts and wondered what in the heck people could still be talking about. Now I know. Continue with your soda discussion. I just polished off a Pepsi Max (in ATLANTA!).

Archived