Brewer Fanatic

RUMOR! major sponsorship change at Miller Park (update contract w/ Pepsi expired)

patrickgpe
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all you younger than say 55 or 56, this may come as a revelation. For many years, Pepsi was the cola of choice at County Stadium for a very logical reason. That is because the Atlanta based Coca Cola Company was prominently behind the Braves move out of Milwaukee to Atlanta. I can tell you that back then, the County board was in no mood to sell Coke products at County Stadium. Now I do not recall when exactly Coke returned or for how long (I primarily remember Pepsi through most of the early Brewer years), but long enough after the Braves left that most fans would not have been aware of the controversy or Coke's role in pirating away the beloved Braves.

Now you know the rest of the story.

What would they rename the Dew Deck? The Sprite Spot? Barq's Bleachers? Canada Dry Deck?
Excellent question. My first thought, the Mello Yello Bordello, does not convey the family-friendly vibe for which MP probably aims (though maybe on Singles Nights...).

Here's where we can put Brewerfan's collective creativity to work: Alphabetic list of Coca-Cola products. Go!

Fruitopia Utopia? Barq's in the Park? The Nestea COOL Zone? Powerade Platform? TAB Slab? Vanilla Coke Zero Vantage Point? That link above has a long list of product names.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Sweet! I was seriously bummed when the Brewers and George Webbs went to Pepsi. Next time I'm in Milwaukee, it will be like old times as a kid, having a coke and a hot dog with stadium sauce at the game (and plenty of beers in the parking lot). The only redeeming quality with Pepsi (to me) is that they make Mtn Dew.

Certainly can't use Canada Dry for anything but the family sections...look out Kohl's.
Ah, I don't know. A $250 gift card for Canada Dry would not be very appealing for the Canada Dry Family Section Family of the Game "winners."

Because of kids, I assume they sell more pop than beer.

I find this highly dubious. First, the % of Miller Park attendees who are children has to be a distinct minority. Second, it's not very common for someone to drink 5 or 6 sodas throughout the course of a game.

Jones Soda Co., is who I'll be hoping wins the insanely competitive beverage sponsorship deal for the Milwaukee Brewers.
Imagine the special soda flavor possibilities: brat, krisp kraut, cactus league nachos, beer n brat mustard, secret stadium sauce...

Crazy that this is the thing that we talk about over the winter...pepsi vs. coke as a sponsor.

I'd like to thank the radio host for breaking this huge and legitimate news story [/blue]

I think it's crazy, too... in case that wasn't clear http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

That's huge news. Thanks Mark Belling.

say what you want, he did stump the journal sentinel beat reporters and the news stations, and the soda contract is worth millions of dollars a year i would guess, so its a big deal. probably the second biggest one behind miller.

Who cares about coke or pepsi... its Mountain Dew we need to keep!
I second that. I need my Dew. Funny story. We were eating at a restaurant. My son asks for a Mountain Dew. The waitress asks "Is Mellow Yellow ok?". If my looks could kill, the waitress would have dropped dead on the spot. "Uh no. I'll have a root beer".

The only fast food places I can think of that still carry Pepsi products is Arbys and Culvers. Not a big fan of Arby's, but they have the ultimate combo, Mountain Dew and Dr Pepper.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I second that. I need my Dew. Funny story. We were eating at a restaurant. My son asks for a Mountain Dew. The waitress asks "Is Mellow Yellow ok?". If my looks could kill, the waitress would have dropped dead on the spot. "Uh no. I'll have a root beer".

You have no idea how many times I've done that myself... Its worse if they don't ask and just give you Mello-Yellow. That is a tip-killer right there...

Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, KFC... all have the same parent company as Pepsi. Taco Bell is great because they have Baja Mountain Dew (makes for a nice change-up). http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That's huge news. Thanks Mark Belling.

say what you want, he did stump the journal sentinel beat reporters and the news stations, and the soda contract is worth millions of dollars a year i would guess, so its a big deal. probably the second biggest one behind miller.

According to Forbes, PepsiCo is the largest corporate sponsor of the Brewers. I would say that the end of the contract of the largest sponsor would count as "huge". This is probably the second largest contract (in dollars and importance) behind Miller. Forbes probably counts PepsiCo as the largest because most of the Miller deal is the naming rights.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived