Brewer Fanatic

RUMOR! major sponsorship change at Miller Park (update contract w/ Pepsi expired)

patrickgpe
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

But Wauwatosa is so much more fun to say. Its like the TV announcers that always seem to fit in "Sheboygan" somehow into GBP broadcasts... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

West Milwaukee Brewers of Wauwatosa = WMBW - sounds like a radio station

West Allis Brewers of Wauwatosa = WABOW, which sounds like a cool shirt! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Since the Brewers are in Milwaukee, you'd have to make them the Wauwatosa Brewers of Milwaukee

Well, sure now they are. But after the "big announcement" that the 'Tosa city board has annexed Miller Park... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Mark Belling is reporting this this afternoon, says its not naming rights but the next biggest thing, says its all he can say because he can't nail down all of the details and the brewers offices are closed today.

So did that blow-hard Belling ever follow-up on this "big" story?

• 2 weeks later...
So did that blow-hard Belling ever follow-up on this "big" story?
Belling just reported that the Brewers contract with Pepsi has expired, and that the Brewers have approached Coke about a possible sponsorship. Pepsi declined the Brewers initial offer, but they are still a party to the bidding.

Finally Mark has reported that the contract with Pepsi being a sponsor at Miller Park has expired. Brewers have approached Coca-Cola about being a sponsor but Pepsi remains interested in keeping the sponsorship but not at the figure the brewers presented to them.

Community Moderator
Coke was the sponsor back in the '90s so I guess they could go back. Do they even sell that much soda at the ballpark? It seems like 75% of the sales are beer, especially since people can bring in their own soda.

Coke was the sponsor back in the '90s so I guess they could go back. Do they even sell that much soda at the ballpark? It seems like 75% of the sales are beer, especially since people can bring in their own soda.
So this RUMOR! boils down to Coke, not Pepsi? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

If the fans looking to get free designated-driver sodas are any indication, there is plenty of soda served at MP. Plus you've got that roving vendor Pat ready to give away prizes or whatever they put him on the videoboard for.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Anyone recall how long Coke was the sponsor? I remember it being Pepsi in the 80's, including the Brewers/Pepsi fan club, and it's Pepsi now. Seems like most of the coastal stadiums are sponsored by Coke, and most of the inland stadiums are Pepsi-- but I'm sure there's exceptions.

Because of kids, I assume they sell more pop than beer.

As someone who always roots for the underdog, I hope Dr. Pepper/Snapple wins the bidding war. It would be priceless to stand in line and hear:

Do you have Coke or Pepsi?

We have RC Cola and Diet Rite.

Really? What country is this?

Archived