Brewer Fanatic

Favorite sporting events between two specific teams to watch?

paul253

Ok so I couldn't figure out how to sum it up in the title but what I was trying to get at is this. What sports events between two specific teams are your absolute favorite to watch either live or on tv? For instance, Packers vs Bears or Brewers vs Cardinals. It can be any sport where two teams play against each other or any event where two individuals compete against each other (tennis for instance). It can be professional, college, high school, Olympics, World Baseball Classic, World Cup, etc. I hope I am explaining this well enough but to make it clearer I'll list mine

1) Michigan vs Ohio St football- I am a huge Michigan fan. Rest of my family are huge OSU fans. Big rivalry and both teams are usually pretty good.

2) USA vs Canada Olympic Men's Hockey- I can't really explain this one. I don't watch the NHL on TV. I do enjoy Wisconsin games. But whether it is the Olympics, The Juniors, or whatever, I just love watching the USA hockey team play. The best is against Canada in the Olympics with NHLers on the rosters. The World Juniors are on as we speak and even though I don't recognize one name on the USA roster I am glued to the tv for the games. They play Canada on New Years Eve

3) Marquette vs Wisconsin men's basketball - I am a huge MU fan and it's always fun to see them play their in-state rival, especially since they have both been pretty good lately.

4) Brewers-Cubs. I hate the Cubs. Just hate them.

5) Wisconsin -Minnesota men's hockey. Again, don't watch a lot of hockey on tv but Wisconsin hockey games are a blast to go to, especially when they play Minnesota.

In no order...

Wisconsin hockey vs. North Dakota- Similar rivalry to Minnesota, in my mind.

Wisconsin MBB vs. Michigan State (Izzo is still fuming from the Harris-Tucker alley-oop during a blow-out)

Packers vs. Vikings- This is a bigger rivalry to me than the Bears. I think it's because Minnesota has been better over the past 20 years than the Bears.

I hate the Cardinals and Cubs, but the Brewers play them so often throughout the year that I don't get stoked when they play.

No order here, either.

Men's college hockey - WI and the Gerbils or WI and NoDak - I still remember watching a game on tv where the Sioux fans threw a dead badger (not a player http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif) onto the ice before the game started.

Cubs-Cards are fun to watch when the Cubs actually field a team. Normally, I don't watch a game when I can't stand both teams, but this is the exception.

USA-Canada in men's Olympic hockey is great.

Duke-UNC is also another one I'll try to take time to watch.

St Louis Blues vs. Chicago Blackhawks- Almost always a good game, and my Blues are finally competitive
The Winter Classic-Don't care who is playing, I love the outdoor hockey
Packers vs. Cowboys- I love when they beat the Cowboys.
Wisconsin vs. Ohio St. in anything. I hate Ohio St. With a passion.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Toronto Argonauts vs. Montreal Allouettes

THE GREATEST RIVALRY IN SPORT!

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived