6. Gamel, 1B

7. Gonzalez, SS

8. Lucroy, C

Bench

Kottaras, C

Izturis, INF

Green, INF

Gomez, OF

Hairston, OF or someone of this type (Scott that is... I think Doug gets another OF)

Rotation

1. Gallardo

2. Greinke

3. Wolf

4. Marcum

5. Narveson

Bullpen

Axford

Rodriguez

Veras

Loe

Parra

Braddock

Estrada

Nice lineup, very strong rotation and solid bullpen... Back to back NL Central Champs!! I can see it now.

A lot of question marks in my opinion. I don't think we're the favorites to win the division as presently constructed. Who knows what to expect of Aoki...he's never hit major league pitching. I expect and have faith in Gamel when given consistent ABs that he will produce. I do not like what I saw from Marcum in the playoffs and wonder if there will be any negative carry-over into 2012. I also think the bubble may burst on Narveson as #5, but as a 5th starter, I'm not too worried if his ERA takes a dip.

The bullpen probably worries me the most on this team. Losing Hawkins/Saito is a blow and Veras/Parra/Braddock are clearly a tier or two below those guys. I have no faith in Loe and Estrada as well and think that K-Rod, who was playing with fire nearly every game last year, will have a much higher ERA and blow a lot of games for us in the 8th. He let too many guys on and had to pull a rabbit out of his hat far too often for this smoke and mirrors act to continue to net positive results.

I still have STL winning this division with the Reds in a close second. The Brewers will not make the playoffs.

OF: Braun, Hart, Gomez, Aoki, Morgan (5)

IF: Gamel, Weeks, Gonzalez, Ramirez, Izturis, Green (6)

C: Lucroy, Kottaras (2)

SP: Grienke, Gallardo, Marcum, Wolf, Narveson (5)

RP: Axford, Krod, Loe, Veras, Estrada, Parra, Kintzler (7)

That looks great to me. Outside of a trade of Morgan for a reliever this 25 roster looks solid.

I disagree with Bucksman about the Cards being the favorite in the division. Their lineup takes a huge hit with the loss of Pujols and I doubt you can expect Berkman to put up numbers like last year. They get Wainwright back but they look to lose E. Jackson. Dotel was also a big part of their bullpen down the stretch. They will be good but I dont see them being as good as last year.

We will have a drop-off without Prince but I think Ramirez, Gonzalez, Gamel can produce similar to Fielder, McGahee, and Yuni. I wouldnt worry too much about Marcum. Looks like he wore down at the end of the year. Greinke sounds very motivated to bounce back. Wolfe will probably drop some. I think Narvy is what he is and if he struggles Estrada has shown potential and Peralta is their waiting.

OF-----Hart,Gomez,Morgan,Gamel,Gindel- I think when Braun comes back, Gindel will be sent down. I dont think they will sign Akoi

IF------Derrek Lee, Weeks,Gonzalez,Ramirez,Itztuis,Ishikawa--- Yes I think we will sign Lee to a similar deal to Gonzalez

C----- Lucroy,Kotteras

SP---Gallardo,Grienke,Marcum,Narveson,Estradra or Parra----I think Wolf gets traded for a couple decent relievers

RP----Axford,K-Rod(although I could see him getting traded too)Veras,Loe,Braddock,Kintzler,Parra or Estrada

OF-----Hart,Gomez,Morgan,Gamel,Gindel- I think when Braun comes back, Gindel will be sent down. I dont think they will sign Akoi

IF------Derrek Lee, Weeks,Gonzalez,Ramirez,Itztuis,Ishikawa--- Yes I think we will sign Lee to a similar deal to Gonzalez

C----- Lucroy,Kotteras

SP---Gallardo,Grienke,Marcum,Narveson,Estradra or Parra----I think Wolf gets traded for a couple decent relievers

RP----Axford,K-Rod(although I could see him getting traded too)Veras,Loe,Braddock,Kintzler,Parra or Estrada

You don't pay 2 something million just to negotiate with a guy if you don't think you can sign him.

I would vomit in my mouth if the Brewer'signed Derek Lee to play 1B. Gamel will be just fine there and cheaper. Lee would be a horrible move. They already signed one ex-Cub in the twilight of his career, and you want another?

C----- Lucroy,Kotteras

You don't pay 2 something million just to negotiate with a guy if you don't think you can sign him.

I would vomit in my mouth if the Brewer'signed Derek Lee to play 1B. Gamel will be just fine there and cheaper. Lee would be a horrible move. They already signed one ex-Cub in the twilight of his career, and you want another?

You do realize that they don't have to sign him right? I mean they only lose the $2.5 million if they actually sign him, otherwise they get it back. I think Melvin just took a shot on a small bid and won. He even said they haven't really scouted him much so they're going to bring him to AZ to get a better look at him and then think about offering him a contract. I want them to sign him but it's not a foregone conclusion at this point just because they bid on him.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

He even said they haven't really scouted him much so they're going to bring him to AZ to get a better look at him and then think about offering him a contract.

Is it just me, or does this seem like irresponsible GM'ing?

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

He even said they haven't really scouted him much so they're going to bring him to AZ to get a better look at him and then think about offering him a contract.

I don't think it's that bad. While I would like to see some Japanese scouting, the best guys from over there usually cost the most (with posting) so the Brewers usually wouldn't have a shot at any of them anyway (until there's an international draft). Melvin made basically a low, no-risk bid. If he doesn't win, no big deal. But he happened to win with a small bid and now has a chance to sign one of the best Japanese hitters (ever?). I'm sure they have a lot of tape on him and probably already have an idea of what they want to offer him. They're probably just doing their due diligence by seeing him in person.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Like Most mine would look like:

Outfield

LF Braun

CF Gomez

RF Hart

4th Plush

5th Aoki

(Schaefer movs up for Braun's suspension)

Infield (8) Including Catcher

1B Gamel

2B Weeks

SS Gonzalez

3B Ramirez

C Lucroy

1B/3B Green

2B/SS Izturis

C Kottras (Maldondo if traded in ST)

Starting Pitching (5)

1 Gallardo

2 Greinke

3 Marcum

4 Wolf

5 Narveson

Bullpen (7)

Estrada

Veras

Parra

Loe

Braddock

Rodriquez

Axford

Notes

I believe that Schaefer is in front of Gindl and will be the one to make roster and replace Braun if suspended.

Interested in what happens if they sign Aoki since him and Plush are very simular type of players. Also as mentioned there is zero risk for not signing signing Aoki, we will not lose our money or anything. Nor is it irresponsible. At zero risk why not pay to take a look at on of the elite, next "Ichiro" Japanese hitters. Not like DM throw out 25 million or something outragious. Low risk, high reward move if he turns out to be able to hit as advrtised.

Have a feeling Kottras will be traded after spring training if Maldondo has a really good showing. I could also see Fiers stealing Estrada's 6 man/Long reliever spot with a great spring.

Braddock will hopefully be back to stable but you never know when it comes to what he has, you can never be sure.

Im chering for Farris but him only being able to play 2b, will not help. Like to see him trade and gien an opportunity elsewhere.

What do you feel is irresponsible? $2.5 Million is like the signing bonus for a draft pick, and Aoki has a better chance and a much quicker chance of contributing to a major league roster.

It's a move to help the major league roster given the possibility of Braun being gone for 50 games, as I certainly don't want to see Gomez as a starting OF to replace Braun. The playoff hopes of the 2012 season are too important to hope that someone from the minors is ready to contribute meaningfully right away.

Archived