Brewer Fanatic

Brewers win negotiating rights to Japanese OF Norichika Aoki for $2.5 million. Latest: signs 2-yr deal

PrinceEatMeat
  • Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think its a good insurance policy to sign him. the problem is even if Braun is not suspended, the OF power off of the bench is non-existence with Aoki and Gomez or Morgan as the 2 primary backups. Combined with the lack of other power off of the bench, it could be a concern.

So, if Mr. Melvin says he's looking at other outfield options, that doesn't necessarily look like they'll sign him will they? If so, I wonder whom they're looking at. There's plenty of outfield help available, but at what price? Brad Hawpe, for example got $6 million from San Diego last year and had a down year.

Coincidentally, Brad Hawpe's closest player comparison on www.baseball-reference.com is Corey Hart. Hart made $10,000,000 last year. Hart also is 4 years younger.

I don't think it'll take $6,000,000 to sign Hawpe. I'm not saying trade Hart, but there are cheaper and comparable alternatives that could be made as a side note to make room for another guy like Aoki.

So with the Yankees not signing their Japanese player and it not looking good for the Brewers, what effect do you think this will have on future Japanese players. Obviously the Darvish's of Japan will still try to come here but what if even he doesn't sign? Who does that say more about, the Japanese players or the American teams?

Its not my money

If you buy tickets or merchandise, you're absolutely contributing to the funds used to sign players. Mark A. isn't just cutting personal checks http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I look forward to seeing some of Aoki.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived