Brewer Fanatic

Timber Rattlers 2012 Opening Day bobblehead(s) announced!

TURBO

They are giving away 5 different bobbles. One of which will only have 250. The other 4 in equal amounts.

Not a fan of the multiple different give-aways at one event. Just makes more to collect, and causes competition on the day of the game.

Oh well, it is what it is...

http://wisconsin.timberrattlers.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20111216&content_id=26179684&vkey=news_t572&fext=.jsp&sid=t572

http://wisconsin.timberrattlers.milb.com/images/2011/12/16/OOKPyGG2.jpg

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I, for one, think its a neat idea. I have only collected the rehab set from them, but this may be something I go to. The only potential downfall is if they sequentially give out the different bobbles, i.e. hand out from one box of all the same. If I took my family of four I'd be irritated if we all got the same one.

I would like it a lot better if they gave out 5 different ones in the same quantity.

Having only 250 of one just makes people greedy, and in turn they will go up for sale on ebay rather than be collected by the person who got them at the gate.

I'm sure the price of that one will be ridiculous.

I think this is a pretty awesome idea. I like the existence of a rare version too. That being said, I wouldn't have minded if they handed these out throughout the season rather than just one day.

The only thing that troubles me is this type/style of bobblehead (creepy little boy faced ones for lack of a better description), when previously made by TEI, were extremely fragile and very prone to cracks and chipping. Not sure if that is the maker of these particlular bobbleheads, or if their quality control has improved since then, but just stating my previous experiences with them.

They should set up a trading area for those who get more than one of each and want to trade for ones they didn't get...

Heck, I suppose we could have a meeting spot for BFnetters and do it ourselves if there are a bunch of us going to the game...

hmmmmmmmm, that might actually work!

• 2 weeks later...

great. 5 more bobbleheads to get. can't wait.

I'm kinda losing interest in bobbleheads. I have no more room for em, and by teams making them "collectable" or "rare" the same thing that killed my love for baseball cards and comics is happening now.

I hear ya bikeage, and fully agree.

One bobble on opening day would have been plenty.

I'd like to see the retro bobbles the brewers put out come to a stop too.

Just too darn many to collect, and 5 different ones for one game is just overkill in my opinion.

I'm sure it will sell tickets though.

I've been collecting and just end up collecting the "regular" versions. Sure, it is nice to have the retro ones, but it really doesn't bother me to only have the common ones. No one has ever looked at my collection and said "well, it is nice, but you don't have any retro bobbles in there."

i hear ya jason...i like having the higher end ones more so than the regulars...it's cool to have them all, but i'm actually more interested in the retros/alternates...obviously thouse are harder to come by, which is why i'd be happy with just one giveaway, just to avoid ebay or trying to trade with someone at the game

Archived