Brewer Fanatic

Sam Hurd, Bear WR, Drug kingpin

JohnBriggs12

This may take Braun off the front page. Heck this might get Sandusky off the front pages. Hurd was arrested last night after he contracted with an undercover agent to purchase 5-10 kilograms of cocaine and 1,000 pounds of marijuana per week. That's right, per week.

WSCR in Chicago cited unnamed sources in law enforcement, as saying Hurd was supplier to more than a dozen current NFL players, possibly more and quoted the official calling Hurd one of the biggest drug dealers ever arrested in Illinois.

The NFL does such a good job with PR, though. I would think this story will go away fast. If it were a bunch of idiots like MLB, I would think that it would linger longer, but the NFL has managed to bury stories that should have led to steroid/HGH scandals in the past, as well as narcotics ones. I'd think the same will happen here.

This is just a weird story. Hurd is from San Antonio, so I've heard him interviewed on local sports talk radio. Guy would have a camp every summer and give back to the community.....as I've learned numerous times, a public persona isn't always who a person really is.

The NFL does such a good job with PR, though. I would think this story will go away fast.
The difference in this case is that most reports say he has a list in the double digits of other players that he was dealing to. When that list inevitably leaks, things could blow up (especially in Dallas).

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Eh, I'll believe it when it leaks... Goodell has the clean-up crew at work, I'm sure. I'm sure it's true, but you're talking about a league where probably 50% of the players are on HGH and they have a reputation as being tough on drugs. Every media corporation is in bed with the league for huge money, and that stuff tends to get swept under the rug. I'm banking that this will be no different. If it was MLB trying to cover it up, I would agree - the list would have leaked yesterday.

brettac1]Hub Arkush was just on the pre-game show and said "the reporter is having a difficult time getting independent confirmation" of the list. Oddly enough, the league says there is no list... Crazy how that goes.

And in totally unrelated news, the NFL has inked a long term TV contract. Seriously, every single network depends on the NFL and that's why they get treated like they do. Now trying to figure out how the NBA gets caught with a ref fixing games and nothing happens is a true mystery.

Hub Arkush was just on the pre-game show and said "the reporter is having a difficult time getting independent confirmation" of the list. Oddly enough, the league says there is no list... Crazy how that goes.

And in totally unrelated news, the NFL has inked a long term TV contract. Seriously, every single network depends on the NFL and that's why they get treated like they do. Now trying to figure out how the NBA gets caught with a ref fixing games and nothing happens is a true mystery.

Yeah, that was what I said a few posts up. The NFL is teflon when it comes to any drug scandal. Half the league is jacked on PED's and the media looks the other way.

Archived