Brewer Fanatic

getting silver paint pen off of a Duke football? Looking for help.

BREWCREW5

A couple of years ago, I got a Tony Romo signed, official Duke football.

The sig was in silver paint pen. The signature was horrible. It was light and very faint. Because of the horrible sig, the ball was worth more without the signature on it. I removed the majority of the signature with a magic eraser but there is still some remnants of that signature. Anyone have any advice on fully removing it without disrupting/staining the leather on the ball?

i think you will be ok to use goo gone if you do it very quickly...if i were you i would take some cheap football or basketball out of your garage and wipe it on there quick to see if it ruins the surface at all before you try it on the duke. I've used it on a basketball and it worked perfectly - I put a dab or two on a towel and just wiped it off...I wouldn't reccomend putting a lot on...I hope that helps.

Archived