Brewer Fanatic

Brewers player transaction press conference at 10:30 a.m.?

OldSchoolSnapper

I liked his answers. Very positive. The answer he gave regarding whether or not he's going to have increased pressure w/Fielder and Braun out of the line-up, he said that "you win with pitching"..."with K-Rod and a good closer, and we have a good 5 man rotation. That's how you win ballgames."

Welcome to Milwaukee Aramis!

I heard the real reason Kottaras gave up his number is because ARAM is going to be Wolf's personal catcher this year.
Thank you for reminding me of the frustration I felt towards Wolf for forcing RR's hand on this. Lucroy lost out on a lot of PT because of Wolf.

Lucroy lost out on a lot of PT because of Wolf.

I would hope our catcher, despite being young, would get at least 20% of the games off. So I wouldn't say he lost PT.

But if you aren't tied to Wolf, you can match up versus the opposing pitcher to get better hitting matchups.

I heard the real reason Kottaras gave up his number is because ARAM is going to be Wolf's personal catcher this year.
Thank you for reminding me of the frustration I felt towards Wolf for forcing RR's hand on this. Lucroy lost out on a lot of PT because of Wolf.

Wolf negated part of the platooning benefit of carrying a lefty swinging backup. Many times RR was forced to play Kottaras vs. a lefty starter.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I liked his answers. Very positive. The answer he gave regarding whether or not he's going to have increased pressure w/Fielder and Braun out of the line-up, he said that "you win with pitching"..."with K-Rod and a good closer, and we have a good 5 man rotation. That's how you win ballgames."

Welcome to Milwaukee Aramis!

Yeah, it was a nice little meet and greet. Aram said the right things. Was positive. All good. Need that right now.

It never fails to crack me up just HOW much Doug Melvin loves when he gets a laugh. I've noticed his reactions to well-received jokes before during his visits in the TV broadcast booth. Check out how childishly-proud he reacts when A-Ram laughs at DM's so-so "Bora Bora" joke about 10 seconds in.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

It never fails to crack me up just HOW much Doug Melvin loves when he gets a laugh.

He's Canadian who likes a good joke, beer and named Doug. Personally I think he's Doug McKenzie. I'm waiting for him to slip and and say "you're such a hoser Eh," or see him eat some backbacon. When either of those things happen I'll have all the evidence I need...Eh.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived