Brewer Fanatic

Saito to the D-Backs

Joeflyers

I liked him because he had a good walk-in song. Sad to see him go, but we can find someone else to pitch those 30 innings. At that age he's a hand grenade waiting to blow up. We got away with it not blowing up in our faces (any more than him getting hurt made us use Loe too much). I'd rather let a guy go a year too soon than a year too late.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Would it have been smarter to just cut McGehe and sign Saito, rather than trade for Jose Veras? Veras is expected to make $2.5 million through arbitration which is more than Saito's $1.7 salary. I am not trying to be critical because I don't know much about Veras but this was my initial thought on the Saito signing. I guess an important factor is that Veras pitched 71 innings last year so we might see a lot of him in the 6th and 7th inning next year along with Loe and Braddock. Saito is old and odds are he won't be healthy the entire season to log nearly that many innings. Or we couldn't non-tendered Loe and signed Saito for a million less, sheeesh.

The more I think about this, the madder I get. Yes, Saito is old and was hurt last season- but when he was pitching, he was about as effective than K-Rod. Not to mention that he was the go to guy against lefties in the post season. Who will that be this year? Manny Parra? The thing that really ticks me off is that Parra will likely be making about the same.

The more I think about this, the madder I get. Yes, Saito is old and was hurt last season- but when he was pitching, he was about as effective than K-Rod. Not to mention that he was the go to guy against lefties in the post season. Who will that be this year? Manny Parra? The thing that really ticks me off is that Parra will likely be making about the same.
Postseason? You're talking about postseason?

Postseason? You're talking about postseason?
Believe me, after the past month, I'm not looking ahead. Let me rephrase that.... 'who will pitch to lefties this season'. All the lefty relievers currently in the organization seem to be pipe dreams at this point. We'll probably see a lot of Cammy Loe against lefties again next year.

july 20. brewers @ dbacks. bottom of 9, tied 2-2 and saito comes in. anyone remember that moment? maybe kevin towers was impressed.

------

Arizona - Bottom of 9th SCORE

Takashi Saito pitching for Milwaukee MIL ARI

T Saito relieved F Rodriguez. 2 2

J Upton hit a ground rule double to deep right center. 2 2

J Upton to third on wild pitch by T Saito. 2 2

C Young grounded out to third. 2 2

R Roberts grounded out to third. 2 2

K Johnson intentionally walked. 2 2

S Burroughs hit for D Hernandez. 2 2

S Burroughs flied out to center. 2 2

Archived