Brewer Fanatic

Aramis Ramirez to Brewers - 3/$32 + $4M buyout for 2015

Outlander
I personally never had any doubts about this year. He's always been a slower starter and I figured he would come around. The question will be whether he keeps it up next year (I think he will) and the 3rd year (that's where it might get dicey).
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's even looked okay defensively, which was a big concern for many people.

I disagree, I think he has looked excellent defensively...

It seems that there are a handful of people out there that can't admit that he has done a great job on defense... Is the fact that he was once a Cub clouding people's judgement?

I hated the guy as a Cub, but have fully embraced him as a Brewer, both offensively and defensively.

The guy has filled in for Prince in the line-up pretty much without missing a beat!

It was a great signing, glad we didn't trade him so we have some pop coming into next season too.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

It was a great signing, glad we didn't trade him so we have some pop coming into next June too.

Fixed!

I vote they shut him down right now, and have him start spring training a month early

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

He's even looked okay defensively, which was a big concern for many people.

I disagree, I think he has looked excellent defensively...

It seems that there are a handful of people out there that can't admit that he has done a great job on defense... Is the fact that he was once a Cub clouding people's judgement?

I hated the guy as a Cub, but have fully embraced him as a Brewer, both offensively and defensively.

The guy has filled in for Prince in the line-up pretty much without missing a beat!

It was a great signing, glad we didn't trade him so we have some pop coming into next season too.

I will admit: I absolutely hated the signing, and still do, BUT it's pretty much because I just dislike the guy. (always called him "the lizard" because of his tongue-sticking-out habit) I will admit that he's been very good both offensively and especially defensively this season. I do wish that they traded him to LAD for something though. I do still think he might be an injury liability in the next two years, plus I am biased (as I freely admit), the Cubs taint is just too strong to overcome... :(

I was curious today about Fielder vs. Ramirez stats wise. They are pretty similar actually. Obviously there are other varying factors, but it's definitely interesting.

Fielder: .305/.403/.518 26 HR 98 RBI 29 2B

Ramirez: .296/.361/.529 23 HR 91 RBI 44 2B

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I liked the move, then I started to get worried it was a mistake when we were looking like we were sellers. I was hoping we could trade him and get some more youngsters in. Man he's really been solid and now looks like a great move by DM to keep us offensively competitive for a fraction of the cost of Prince.

Aramis is making DM look like a genious right now. It is still likely that the 3rd year is going to be an overpay; but much like the Randy Wolf signing the first 2 years are going to make the whole deal well worth it.

Ya he kind of is. I'd say DM's stock has been on the up tick a bit. Always going to be some woulda should couldas but we've been competitive for several years now in a situation that is less than easy to do so.

Agreed that Aram will has a good chance of being a tough pill to swallow in the last year as well. Oh well, it seems to be a good bridge, at least for one year.

When you think of part of year 3 of his contract as just deferred money from this year, the contract makes much more sense. They were stretching the payroll this year and needed to structure it that way. It will make it tough to meet that value in year 3, but that wasn't anticipated anyway when he signed.

Archived