Brewer Fanatic

Aramis Ramirez to Brewers - 3/$32 + $4M buyout for 2015

Outlander

Aramis Ramirez to sign three year deal pending physical.

Source

Update via Rosenthal:

He will earn $6 million in 2012, $10 million in ’13 and $16 million in ’14, with a $4 million buyout on a mutual option for ’15. His third-year salary includes $6 million deferred (to a later year).

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup. Let's just hope there's no 4th year option/buyout. I'm guessing it's closer to $36 million.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Ugh. Three years.
If Furcal gets two from someone there is no way Ramirez is getting less than 3. Heck Rollins wanted 4-5. Three years in not that long of a contract.
To me, he plays 3rd next year, gets some reps at first in year 2 and by year 3 he's the full time first baseman. Ya, I know Gamel... but the organization doesn't seem high on him anymore and I think he will have to be lights out for the team to keep him around much longer.

I figured it would take three years, and I guess this is the price you pay for filling holes via free agency. I wish it was two years, but that wasn't very realistic...if it had been four years, I would absolutely hate it.

I don't mind adding Aramis to the lineup, I think he'll help this year, but I don't expect him to hit like he did last year for three years...there will be at least some buyer's remorse before this contract expires.

Please don't be more than 3/30. Would be a solid addition otherwise.

I like the signing but it reeks of desperation considering what went on over the weekend.

Didn't he make something like 11 or 12 million last year? I doubt he's taking a cut. He had a pretty decent year at the plate.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I like the signing but it reeks of desperation considering what went on over the weekend.

Didn't he make something like 11 or 12 million last year? I doubt he's taking a cut. He had a pretty decent year at the plate.

He made over $14 million last year, and turned down a player option to make $16 million to stay with the Cubs for another year.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

This had nothing to do with what happened over the weekend. Before that story broke the Brewers were the frontrunner and then said there would be no talks with Ramirez over the weekend. This was coming regardless of what happened to Braun.

This had nothing to do with what happened over the weekend. Before that story broke the Brewers were the frontrunner and then said there would be no talks with Ramirez over the weekend. This was coming regardless of what happened to Braun.

Why did you quote me when making that comment? I didn't suggest that this had anything to do with what happened over the weekend?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

This means McGehee is as good as gone, right?

I would be surprised if he wasn't. We have Taylor Green to back up 3B & 2B, and I presume that Aramis Ramirez can play 1B if needed. Hopefully we'll be hearing about a McGehee to Texas for a utility infielder trade later today.

I think it is a good move. Near term, stronger lineup to take advantage of window of opportunity in 2012 with Grienke and Marcum. Give Gamel his shot full time at 1B.

Longer term, if Gamel is a bust, move Ramierez to 1B (which would seem to be a natural move for Ramierez as he gets older) and give Taylor Green his shot at 3B if he has earned that shot. If Gamel is productive then a year from now you have options with potential trade of one of those 3 to fill another spot on the roster.

Formerly JohnStumpyPepys

Archived