Brewer Fanatic

Arbitration-eligibles: Brewers tender contracts to all eligible players (reply #20)

Mass Haas

Normally a Dec. 2nd date, midnight Monday night the 12th is the deadline.

Eligibles:

First time: Casey McGehee, Nyjer Morgan, George Kottaras

Second time: Kameron Loe, Manny Parra

Third time: Shaun Marcum, Carlos Gomez

In terms of predictions, suppose we can all say Marcum ($3.95M in 2011), Gomez ($1.5M), and Morgan are automatics. Probably Loe ($1.25), too, though due for a significant bump, some will debate that. Parra ($1.2M) probably will be tendered, too. With still plenty of room on the 40-man, there doesn't seem to be significant risk or damage in carrying Kottaras through spring training, from where a club in need may come calling if it's obvious Martin Maldonado is ready.

I personally don't think the Brewers will tender Casey, because they won't carry him and his salary if an Aramis Ramirez signing is pending. But there is some urgency then to sign Ramirez Monday to assure they have him locked in, allowing them to trade (predicted) or non-tender McGehee.

And yes, that's my prediction, a Ramirez signing Monday and a McGehee trade.

Post your own thoughts and we'll see where we are 11:01 AM Central Time Monday night.

Mass, I agree on most of your points. I can't imagine us non-tendering Morgan and Marcum. I think Melvin likes Loe and Gomez far more than I do, although they will be overpaid. I like Kottaras but agree he could be non-tendered. That leaves Parra, and it will depend on how he is throwing. He's had some big league success and--if throwing well--could be a steal.

George Kottaras signs a one year deal with the Brewers, avoiding arbitration according to Tom Haudricourt

Wow, I thought Kottaras was a luxury the Brewers couldn't afford to have. Although forcing him to be Wolf's personal catcher does decrease his value a bit, as he can't be platooned against LHP. Maybe Randy should kick in a couple bucks on his salary?

George Kottaras signs a one year deal with the Brewers, avoiding arbitration according to Tom Haudricourt
So the Wolfotarras era may continue. That's nice for both Randy and George.
Kind of sucks for Brewers fans though. Hurts to see Kottaras trotted out regardless of the handedness of the pitcher we are facing.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

So the Wolfotarras era may continue. That's nice for both Randy and George.
Kind of sucks for Brewers fans though. Hurts to see Kottaras trotted out regardless of the handedness of the pitcher we are facing.
For sure; it'd be best for maybe everyone involved if Randy could loosen up on the battery matchup. Wolfottaras just looks so happy hanging out in the dugout together.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

And yes, that's my prediction, a Ramirez signing Monday and a McGehee trade.
Bingo!
Also saw you predicted losing Luetge. On top of that, you get a mention on BP and in a tweet by Jim Powell. Please predict Braun will win his appeal and we can all sleep a bit easier.

Archived