Brewer Fanatic

2012 On Deck

Barrelman19
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was pretty busy early in the day. Random observations:

They cut off the Nyjer Morgan line by 10:45 and he didn't even start signing until Noon.

I didn't see too many awesome things at the rummage sale. They had some Casey McGehee bobbleheads (there was at least one retro) for $5. Other random stuff included Geoff Jenkins mousepads, J.J. Hardy posters, and random bags/tailgating chairs. I was tempted by the small Yuni B nameplate if only for the comedic value, but I passed. They had some kind of mystery bags, but I'm not sure what were in those.

The grab bags were easily the most popular item. They said that you could only get one bag per ticket. The bag I got had all kids stuff in it, hopefully some of the other bags were more useful to individuals without children.

Players and front office staff were really just meandering around. I may or may not have accidentally photobombed Doug Melvin at one point.

Overall, it was a good time.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Had a great time....Got all of the 10 rising stars, the entire coaching staff, plus Greinke and Marcum on ballls, and Gamel and Schaefer as well..Like I said, i am glad i didnt win a chance for yount, as he was signing cards, don't know what Uecker was signing, and I'll plan on getting Plush and axford during the season at some point

Afterwards today, the wife and I went to Riverfront pizzeria and bar for dinner in the 3rd ward, that would be a nice place, or Goolsbys...Time to watch the Royal Rumble now...also, Jungmann was quite personable, i asked him abou tthe saltwater fish tank he bought, and he keeps coral reefs and stuff in it

Scooter Gennett was also very personable. I told him his autograph was much more legible last year, and he was kidding around with me about it.

There was a guy that was going through the rising stars line multiple times for the same players all garbed out in Rattlers gear. Turbo, was that you? http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish/images/emoticons/smile.gif

The rising stars were in the front right next to the tables of all the minor league affiliates.

i didnt stick around to get mr. belding or skippy from family ties, in case you were wondering
Those were some pretty bizarre "Hollywood celebrities." At least "Screech" would have made some sense due to his Wisconsin connection.

This was the first On Deck visit for the hawing household since it moved from the ballpark to downtown. I'm not the autograph enthusiast that many of you are, but I enjoyed meeting George Kottaras and the Narvdog and will happily display their signed photo cards. I should probably go to at least one future On Deck, if only to see if I can improve my timing. I managed to just miss out on a slew of photo opportunities, not to mention the Jonathan Lucroy line (we had to shovel before we could leave for Milwaukee). I can, however, finally say I've met Bikeage77 in real life, not just on the internets; and it was fun for both me and the S.O. to hang out with thablingster.

I also like the idea of a trading post-style meetup after future On Deck events.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'm curious how everyone did with the Grab Bags. I pulled a Retro Axford bobble, some Admirals tickets and a voucher for 2 Brewers tix to redeem in April. Well worth the $15

I got a retro Axford bobble as well. I also pulled a powder blue Oglive mini bobble, and the ticket voucher. Two rally towels, two Roenicke pins, a Braun pin and a SCORE t-shirt.

If anyone got any extra 5x7 cards of the following players, I would love to try and work out a trade.........

Marco Estrada

Michael Fiers

Rollie Fingers

Shawn Marcum

Rickie Weeks

I would also be interested in any front office personnel, announcers or mascots (sausages/Bernie)

Let me know.

Thanks

Mark

This mighta been the best On Deck I went to. One of my buddies was strapped for cash this year but had been going in years past, so he was willing to give me a hand. I also had all the bigger names already so I viewed this as a "karma" day to help out a seperate friend who had never been....As I got stuff for myself, and my buddy helped me out, I was also able to help out my other friend, and BrewersSuperCollector helped me out and I was happy to return the favor.

In the rummage I scored a Betancourt jersey for BSC, a Betancourt ball for myself, a Doug Davis gamer bat, a Rogers gamer jersey, and a Don Money signed jersey.

In the auto lines I came out with: Ramirez, Uecker (County Stadium Ball), Mark A (2011 Division Champs inscription), Lucroy, Bradley and Jungman (Both with 1st Round Draft Pick inscription), Gonzalez, Narveson ("Narvdog" inscription), and Green. The only downer in the auto lines was that Narveson was given a blue pen, he held it while signing my ball in black pen. Whatever I guess.

I also was able to get Scooter Gennett, Khris Davis, Corey Hart, and Taylor Green on bobbles for my buddy.

Also found out that the home brew we made for Nyjer Morgan and delivered to the office for him called "T.Plush Pale Ale" NEVER GOT TO HIM. The people involved in that were pretty bummed, but we'll make more and deliver it to him in person this season.

Hats off to the Brewers for continuing to tweak areas, and keep this an event that's affordable and fun and for those interested in this kinda thing, and also it all goes to a great cause

Gantner was talking that he, Gorman,and I think Augustine were going to have to leave early to catch a 5:00 flight to Phoenix for Fantasy Camp...I'm guessing that maybe Robin was on the same flight and was only signing the 5x7 cards in order to speed things along. Just my guess.

I have one of Robin's game bats that I was going to have signed and had a 'winning' lottery autograph ticket. I wasn't going to pay $25 for one of the signed cards (I already have plenty of signed Yount memorabilia), so I walked the crowd and gave my ticket to someone in a Yount jersey who was very happy to take it.

The highlight for me was coming around the corner of the FSN Wisconsin stage area and all of a sudden being face to face with Craig Counsell. I couldn't believe it...he was just standing there by himself. So I make some quick small talk as I quick fumble for a pen and my ball for him to sign. Turns out he was waiting for Craig Coshun to get there to interview him.

Archived