Brewer Fanatic

What's your preferred 2012 lineup? (of players who will actually be on our team)

MVP2110
I don't recall him sac bunting much but that may be my bad recollection because I really want to like him. Maybe it isn't something to worry much about. That is the second time I have cringed at how he is thinking and we are not even to position players reporting.

The Brewers were 2nd in the NL & (perhaps obviously) all of MLB last season with 85 sac bunts. It's definitely something to worry about.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nyjer gave up 15 outs last year. That's a lot of outs for a guy who gets on base at a .370 clip to be giving up.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I think that's pretty much guaranteed to be the lineup now, which is fine. Don't really wanna bat guys where they aren't comfortable. Now if only Roenicke would get off his stupid moving over runners from the 2 spot thing, we could flip Weeks and Morgan and that would look a lot better to me.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Now that Braun will not be suspended I personally would like to see the lineup look like this:

1. Morgan CF

2. Hart RF

3. Braun LF

4. Weeks 2B

5. Ramirez 3B

6. Gamel 1B

7. Lucroy C

8. Gonzalez SS

Rickie would be a monster at #4 in my opinion. I posted in the 2012 prediction thread that I could see a Prince odd year production for Rickie. Given Braun's presence at #3 all season I will adjust my prediction for Rickie to .270, 32 HR, 105 RBI if he hits #4. He is our best option in my opinion to hit cleanup.

Opening day prediction:

1 Hart 9

2 Morgan 8

3 Braun 7

4 Weeks 4

5 Ramirez 5

6 Gonzalez 6

7 Gamel 3

8 Lucroy 2

Won't happen. Roenicke has said Ramirez will be cleanup, and Morgan will hit 2nd. Since Weeks won't hit 5th, that leaves leadoff. Thus, my prediction is...

Weeks

Morgan

Braun

Ramirez

Hart

Gamel

Gonzalez

Lucroy

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Braun

Ditka

Braun

Ditka

Braun

Ditka

Braun

Ditka

Braun

I don't like it that Braun doesn't hit clean-up but this way he gets 5ABs every trip through the lineup. I though about batting him twice in a row, but I didn't want him to think he has to hit a homer every AB.

OR

Weeks

Morgan

Braun

Ramirez

Hart

Gamel

Gonzalez

Lucroy

sounds pretty good. Kind of torn on Weeks. I could see him hitting down in the order, but when he is healthy I just really think the lineup works better with him leading off. Whether that will continue to be true (at least in my mind) in the post-Prince era remains to be seen.

Apart from the everyday starting lineup, I hope Gomez can provide something this year. There was a lot to like about how he was rounding into his role just before the injury. He seems like a guy his teammates like and who can provide a spark off the bench. Assuming the Morgan platoon situation holds, I do have to wonder if the lineup is tweaked at all so as to keep the lineup otherwise static regardless of whether Morgan or Gomez is starting (not to leave other candidates out of the question, either). Problem is, I don't think there is a way to do that and I think RR will be happy to just leave Weeks at the top and Morgez in the 2 spot.

Opening day prediction:

1 Hart 9

2 Morgan 8

3 Braun 7

4 Weeks 4

5 Ramirez 5

6 Gonzalez 6

7 Gamel 3

8 Lucroy 2

Won't happen. Roenicke has said Ramirez will be cleanup, and Morgan will hit 2nd. Since Weeks won't hit 5th, that leaves leadoff. Thus, my prediction is...

Weeks

Morgan

Braun

Ramirez

Hart

Gamel

Gonzalez

Lucroy

I didn't know Ramirez was already announced as the cleanup hitter, however didn't Hart complain about 5 last season and they moved him?

Whatever the lineup I sure hope if Gamel hits they move him up to #5 to break up the righties at least somewhat for later in the game. Also Lucroy is too slow and too good to bat 8th, I would hope that Gonzalez ends up in the 8 hole.

Weeks

Gamel

Braun

Ramirez

Hart

Lucroy

Morgan

Gonzales

Pitcher

Maybe flip Morgan and Lucroy.

I think Gamel will be a better hitter than Morgan and I like Morgan's speed and small ball approach better in the bottom of the lineup. I hate to see outs wasted.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

So if Rickie doesn't want to hit 5th and Corey likes leading off, doesn't that have to mean that Rickie bats 4th and Ramirez 5th?
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Whatever the lineup I sure hope if Gamel hits they move him up to #5 to break up the righties at least somewhat for later in the game. Also Lucroy is too slow and too good to bat 8th, I would hope that Gonzalez ends up in the 8 hole.

I guess we'll just have to hope Lucroy isn't kept in the 8th spot to focus on his defense, or whatever the reasoning was last year.

I like the idea of Gamel in the #2 spot to see fastballs ahead of Braun. I don't know if Roenicke would consider this but it would be interesting to see a lineup of:

1. Morgan CF

2. Gamel 1B

3. Braun LF

4. Weeks 2B

5. Ramirez 3B

6. Hart RF

7. Lucroy C

8. Gonzalez SS

That really lengthens the lineup to me. I know we bat the 2 lefties back to back but man that lineup looks good.

I guess we'll just have to hope Lucroy isn't kept in the 8th spot to focus on his defense, or whatever the reasoning was last year.

The problem last year was, Lucroy was better than at least 2 hitters, sometimes 3 (when Gomez played) in the lineup. This year that might be a bit different, but I agree, Gonzalez should hit 8th.

vs LHP:

Weeks

Hart

Braun

Ramirez

Gamel

Lucroy

Gonzalez

Gomez

vs RHP

Morgan

Hart

Braun

Ramirez

Weeks

Gamel

Lucroy

Gonzalez

Seriously.... opening day can't get here soon enough. 6 days until Uke is on the radio.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

The more I look at it, the more I'm impressed with that lineup (Baldkin's vs. RHP). As long as Gamel doesn't fall flat on his face, that is a very deep 1-7, and Gonzalez isn't terrible for a #8 hitter. Sure, 3-4 looks significantly worse, but I don't want to relive the black hole that was 5-9 in the lineup most of last season. Does anybody else remember the feeling of seeing Prince ground out with runners on 1 and 2 and none out and just feeling like the inning was over?

Hart

Morgan

Weeks

Braun

Ramirez

Lucroy

Gamel

Gonzalez

I'm assuming Weeks will still be the better base runner than Braun. Although given the nature of Weeks' injury last year that might not be true. If so, switch Braun and Weeks then.

Yep, that will be the opening day lineup barring injuries. The only thing that wasn't set was Weeks and Hart, but when Weeks said he didn't like hitting 5th that pretty much locked up the lineup.

No one on this team likes batting 5th. I like the lineup although I would flip Lucroy and Gonzalez and I might put someone else in the two hole. Morgan batting second will mean a ton of bunts

Community Moderator
Yep, that will be the opening day lineup barring injuries. The only thing that wasn't set was Weeks and Hart, but when Weeks said he didn't like hitting 5th that pretty much locked up the lineup.

No one on this team likes batting 5th. I like the lineup although I would flip Lucroy and Gonzalez and I might put someone else in the two hole. Morgan batting second will mean a ton of bunts

With Hart out of the lineup Weeks may have to bat 5th whether he likes it or not.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived