Brewer Fanatic

What's your preferred 2012 lineup? (of players who will actually be on our team)

MVP2110

Hanley Ramirez (Traded in 3 team teal in which we send K-Rod to Boston and Jed Lawrie, Gamel and Bard go to Florida)

Carlos Beltran (1 year for 8 million with Gomez backing him up in case of injury

Corey Hart

Ryan Braun

Aramis Ramirez

Rickie Weeks

Gaby Sanchez(after Prince signs with Texas. Mitch Moreland goes to Florida and we get Sanchez for McGehee and Morgan)

Jon Lucroy

not realistic, but kinda fun

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maybe ive been out of the brewer loop for awhile (packers winning in all) but where is this interest in signing aramis ramirez??? I havent heard anything like that but maybe im wrong. and why wouldnt they give green a chance to stick there? hes a cheaper option and my guess is he'll hit better than aramis this year

The Brewers have been linked to him. Check out the Aramis Ramirez thread in the Transactions/Rumors section.

Bill James 2012

A-Ram 285/350/500/850 with 26 HRs

2011 MLE

Green 254/311/419/730 with 17 Hrs

I would be absolutely shocked if Green put up better numbers than A-Ram. The question is whether A-Ram is worth the additional money and that discussion should happen in a different thread.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I'm still trading for Jason Bartlett and letting Alex Gonzalez be my back-up SS.

Against RHP

Morgan

Bartlett

Braun

Hart

Weeks

Gamel

Lucroy

Green

Against LHP

Bartlett

Gomez

Braun

Hart

Weeks

FA First Baseman

McGehee

Lucroy

Corey Hart should not lead-off. For a team that will be in need of run producers with Prince Fielder leaving - I don't want to waste a .500 Slugging in the lead-off spot.

There is no way Braun leaves the 3 hole. You want him batting in the first inning every game. Plus the higher in the order you are, the more at bats you get

1. Morgan

2. Lucroy

3. Braun

4. Weeks

5. Gamel

6. Hart

7. Gonzalez

8. Green

If green or gamel hit well, they go to the 2 hole

Vs Lhp

Hart, lucroy, Braun, weeks, Gonzalez, mcgehee, gamel/green, Gomez

vs. righties: (I like the r/l/r/r/l/r/l/r combo)

Hart

Morgan

Braun

Weeks

Gamel

Lucroy/Kottaras(1/3 not as favorite catcher)

Green

Gonzalez

Pitcher

vs lefties: (I like CarGo coming around to be the lead-off 3 times a game, but not leading off the first)

Hart

Lucroy

Braun

Weeks

Gonzalez

McGehee (1B/3B)

Green/Gamel

Pitcher

Gomez

So, with Braun now being out 50 games, what to do about LF? Move Hart over to left and play Gamel/Gindl in RF? Sign someone who can start in LF for those games?

Obviously Carlos Gomez will play LF & bat 3rd, because that's where the LF bats!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

So, with Braun now being out 50 games, what to do about LF? Move Hart over to left and play Gamel/Gindl in RF? Sign someone who can start in LF for those games?

Sign Manny Ramirez ... Blue

Seriously, the market has quite a few veteran names, Ibanez, Burrell, Reed Johnson, Ludwick, etc.. that could be suitable as fill-ins. But losing Braun for 50 games on top of losing Prince will likely result in the team being a hole it won't be able to extricate itself from. On top of that it's going to be tough to market this team, so revenues figure to take a huge hit. If they weren't thinking it before, it could be back up the truck time and see what you can get for guys on their final contract years.

Furthermore, Attanasio has to think about the fact that he chose to make Braun the face of the franchise for the next decade and what (if the allegations prove true) this is going to cost the Brewers going forward. Braun's contract is certainly team friendly which might allow other teams to live with the bad pub for acquiring him so I'd assume he retains enormous trade value after the initial shock wears off. Certainly what was unthinkable (trading Braun at some point) 24 hours ago, has to be at least part of the equation. I wouldn't want to be Attanasio right now.

This might be tougher to pull off now that Braun is under suspicion of taking PED's and risking a 50-game suspension but this is the lineup I'd make an effort to put together to compensate for his loss...

1. Weeks, 2B

2. Morgan, CF

3. Hart, RF

4. Ramirez, 3B

5. Kendrys, 1B

6. Gamel, LF

7. Gonzalez, SS

8. Lucroy, C

Then you'd have a good problem when Braun returns.

This might be tougher to pull off now that Braun is under suspicion of taking PED's and risking a 50-game suspension but this is the lineup I'd make an effort to put together to compensate for his loss...

1. Weeks, 2B

2. Morgan, CF

3. Hart, RF

4. Ramirez, 3B

5. Kendrys, 1B

6. Gamel, LF

7. Gonzalez, SS

8. Lucroy, C

You are half way there http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif ... But I am not sure we can pull of a Morales deal. I think you will see Gindl / Schafer in LF.

When Braun gets back I would like to see:

1. Morgan - CF

2. Hart - RF

3. Braun - LF

4. Weeks - 2B

5. Ramirez - 3B

6. Gamel - 1B

7. Gonzalez - SS

8. Lucroy - C

Until Braun returns...

1. Morgan CF

2. Gamel LF

3. Ramirez 1B

4. Weeks 2B

5. Hart RF

6. Green 3B

7. Lucroy C

8. Gonzales SS

9. Pitcher

After Braun returns, you either leave Ramirez at 1B if Gamel is struggling or you move him over to 3B if Green is struggling.

1. Weeks, 2B

2. Morgan, CF

3. Hart, RF

4. Ramirez, 3B

5. Kendrys, 1B

6. Gamel, LF

7. Gonzalez, SS

8. Lucroy, C

I agree with everything except the order.

I'd go:

Hart

Morgan

Ramirez

Morales

Weeks

Gamel

Gonzalez

Lucroy

I like that lineup a lot, and I'll really like it when Braun returns.

Hart

Morgan

Braun

Morales

Ramirez

Weeks

Gonzalez

Lucroy

Alright, I'll play. I included my own guesstimated OPS ranges.

-W/O Braun: -W/Braun:
LF Morgan .700-.800 LF Morgan
1B Gamel .800-.900 1B Gamel
2B Weeks .800-.900 2B Weeks
3B Ramirez .825-.900 LF Braun .900-1.000
RF Hart .825-.900 RF Hart
C Lucroy .675-.775 3B Ramirez
SS Gonzalez .650-.750 C Lucroy
CF Gomez .600-.700 SS Gonzalez

And what I think Roenicke will do --

-W/O Braun: -W/Braun:
RF Hart RF Hart
LF Morgan CF Morgan
2B Weeks LF Braun
3B Ramirez 3B Ramirez
1B Gamel 2B Weeks
C Lucroy 1B Gamel
SS Gonzalez C Lucroy
CF Gomez SS Gonzalez

EDIT: Serious formatting problems with the 'code' feature

TooLiveBrew, I like most of the lineup, except I'd do this for the time w/out Braun:

CF Morgan

1b Gamel

2b Weeks

3b Ramirez

RF Hart

LF Gindl

C Lucroy

SS Gonzalez

I would rather play Gindl to try to get some OBP and SLG in the lineup from the left side than put Gomez out there on a daily basis.

I have to say I find your 100% faith in Caleb Gindl (whose only real SLG last season came on the road... aka in the western-state PCL stadiums) confusing when you say Taylor Green still has so much to prove. Fwiw, I like both players but wouldn't want either to have to carry significant starting duty in 2012.

I'd rather see Gindl repeat AAA & display his power at home as well as on the road... than burn up service time likely struggling mightily against MLB pitching for the 50 games Braun may miss.

Toolivebrew,

I am putting stock in how Gindl has flown under the radar while exceeding expectations at a very young age at every level. He likely also needs more time in AAA, but it's impressive since he's been pushed (and performed) like few other Brewers prospects in recent history. As for Green, he's a big part of my plan and i'm glad Melvin told him to get a 1b mitt. I just like te idea of him getting the AB's he missed out on while recovering from surgery. I also don't expect our backup 1b/2b/3b to pay very much.

I hadn't heard anything about Melvin wanting Green to learn 1B -- can you share where you saw that?

I am putting stock in how Gindl has flown under the radar while exceeding expectations at a very young age at every level.

Yeah, he's certainly done nothing but hit. Contrary to what the tone of my post may have suggested, I'm actually very much a Gindl fandl/supporterdl. I just found it interesting that you question Green's legitimacy so often because he's 'only' succeeded so much, yet you pimp Gindl lots. Given their positions (aka positional adjustment), I think they profile as roughly identically-valuable hitters. If Gindl has any advantage at the plate, imo it's cancelled out by Green's ability to play IF positions. Both should be big parts of the Brewers in the very near future.

I also don't expect our backup 1b/2b/3b to pay very much.

Hmm. I actually expect a guy who can back up Ramirez & Weeks to have a chance at seeing lots of PAs, since both are (relatively speaking) such injury risks. Not to mention that Green's lefty bat could be used efficiently to give off days against RHP.

With Braun...

Morgan/Gomez

Lucroy

Braun

Aramis

Weeks

Hart

Gamel

Gonzalez

W/out Braun....

Morgan

Green (1B)

Weeks

Aramis

Hart

Gamel (LF)

Lucroy

Gonzalez

Either way, I'm glad DM went out and got Ramirez. He helps make this line-up stable w/out Braun in there and makes it a very good offense when Braun comes back. C'mon #8....beat this rap!!!

Archived