Brewer Fanatic

What's your preferred 2012 lineup? (of players who will actually be on our team)

MVP2110
The argument started because of how people were saying that Braun's numbers would go down without Prince in the lineup, which they obviously haven't. All I said was that Aramis was good enough to provide Braun with enough protection to where pitchers won't treat him any different.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The argument started because of how people were saying that Braun's numbers would go down without Prince in the lineup, which they obviously haven't. All I said was that Aramis was good enough to provide Braun with enough protection to where pitchers won't treat him any different.

You can say suggest we are over analyzing this but you aren't really analyzing it at all. You just keep repeating a hypothesis (protection matters) without supporting it with any evidence.

How many times do you want me to repeat myself?

If your best hitter isn't protected by an at least above average hitter behind him, he will not be pitched to the same. Pitchers will choose to pitch around him, especially in clutch situations.

Again...it's common sense.

http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/pitching-around-batters

Common sense, especially when it comes to baseball cliches is quite often wrong.

In short, protecting a star hitter appears to accomplish very little. He indeed gets fewer walks; however, there is no evidence that he gets more hittable pitches, since the pitcher always avoids pitching to a good hitter when the situation would call for an intentional walk.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• 2 weeks later...
Luc should be up at the 2 hole soon, should do great in front of Brauny. Get a man on base for Braun. or clear em..thats good too..
Luc's biggest fan!(: Don't worry, Brewers, you'll make up for lost time..sometime.

Luc should be up at the 2 hole soon, should do great in front of Brauny. Get a man on base for Braun. or clear em..thats good too..

Roenicke would rather have Carlos Gomez in the 2-hole. Lucroy would be a natural pick for the 2-hole and the lineup would look pretty good with him there.

Segura- SS

Aoki- RF

Braun- LF

Ramirez- 3B

Hart- 1B

Lucroy- C

Weeks- 2B

Gomez- CF (No platoon but play Schaffer vs. RHP 2-3 times a week)

Pitcher

Bench:

Green

Ishikawa

Maldonado

Ransom

Schaffer

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I have nothing to add but that my brain always superimposes a "t" over the first "p" in your username, and I read it as "tacopete" before reading it correctly... every time I see it. It makes me laugh, so I thank you for choosing a username that I consistently misread to my own amusement.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I have nothing to add but that my brain always superimposes a "t" over the first "p" in your username, and I read it as "tacopete" before reading it correctly... every time I see it. It makes me laugh, so I thank you for choosing a username that I consistently misread to my own amusement.

Haha, nice.

My grand father and dad were going to name me Paco Pete Peterson as they thought it would be a great baseball name. My mother on the other hand was not having it. Real names Kyle. Oh and I'm not Mexican or anything haha but all my friends call me Paco so it stuck to some degree. I'm just glad it brings joy to your life haha

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Haha, nice.

My grand father and dad were going to name me Paco Pete Peterson as they thought it would be a great baseball name. My mother on the other hand was not having it. Real names Kyle. Oh and I'm not Mexican or anything haha but all my friends call me Paco so it stuck to some degree. I'm just glad it brings joy to your life haha

Yeah, gracias Abuelo Paco Pete and Padre Paco Pete!

EDIT: Also, I might just have to refer to you as tacopete from now on.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

My preferred lineup for the rest of the 2012 season:

CF: Gomez

SS: Segura

2B: Weeks

RF: Aoki

1B: Hart

3B: Ramirez

C: Lucroy/Maldonado

P: Whoever is starting that game

LF: Braun

That should get the Brewers to somewhere around the Astros record.

• 4 months later...

Archived