Brewer Fanatic

What's your preferred 2012 lineup? (of players who will actually be on our team)

MVP2110

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it me or does this team not have a 2 hole hitter anywhere in their lineup? assuming Braun, Weeks, Hart is your middle of the order. Nyjer is 1st or 2nd. who hits in the other top spot? LuCroy? Green? Gamel?

As it stands now, I would put Green or Lucroy 2nd, probably Green. It's really scary when they face a lefty though cuz Gomez should not be leading off. If no more deals are made, I could see Roenicke sticking Hart back at leadoff with CF platoon 2nd, Braun, Weeks, McGehee/Gamel, Green/McGehee, Gonzalez, Lucroy. Not how I'd do it but that just seems exactly like a Roenicke lineup. If they somehow signed ARam, I would bet either Weeks/Hart lead off with the other in the 5 spot. And since Hart has been vocal about hating the 5 spot, I bet Hart is the leadoff hitter next year with the CF platoon hitting 2nd.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Let the lineup debate begin

1. Morgan
2. Hart
3. Braun
4. Weeks
5. Gamel
6. Lucroy
7. Gonzalez
8. Green
9. Pitcher

It looks like we are missing a 5 hitter more than a 2 hitter because Morgan and Hart are probably going to be 1/2 in some order and however you shake up 5-9 the 5 spot is kind of weak
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

I like the idea of Gamel batting second. That;s where Braun hit when he came up. Not saying Gamel will have the same result, but hitting in front of Braun means he'd see some good pitches. He had a decent eye in Nashville. If he can keep that eye he'll definitely get some pitches to hit. I'd go

1) Morgan

2) Gamel

3) Braun

4) Weeks

5) Hart

6) Lucroy

7) Green

8) Gonzalez

"That's where Braun hit when he came up."

My memory might be fuzzy but as I recall Braun hit 3rd almost immediatly when called up. He may have had a few at bats in the 2nd spot but he wasn't primarly the 2 hitter as a rookie.

Or am I mistaken?

"That's where Braun hit when he came up."

My memory might be fuzzy but as I recall Braun hit 3rd almost immediatly when called up. He may have had a few at bats in the 2nd spot but he wasn't primarly the 2 hitter as a rookie.

Or am I mistaken?

He hit 2nd for his first two games, and then third (and a bit of 4th) ever since.

My lineup after we sign Aramis to 3 yr/$36 million deal (or in the range)

1. Hart, RF

2. Morgan, CF

3. Braun, LF

4. Ramirez, 3B

5. Weeks, 2B

6. Gamel, 1B

7. Gonzalez, SS

8. Lucroy, C

This is a nice lineup!! Ramirez makes up for SOME of the offense lost with Prince.

maybe ive been out of the brewer loop for awhile (packers winning in all) but where is this interest in signing aramis ramirez??? I havent heard anything like that but maybe im wrong. and why wouldnt they give green a chance to stick there? hes a cheaper option and my guess is he'll hit better than aramis this year

Morgan

Hart

Braun

Weeks

Gamel

Lucroy

green

gonzalez

P

Archived