Brewer Fanatic

Brewers sign SS Alex Gonzalez (one year, plus vesting option)

molitor fan

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Better than the alternative

We still have a crappy no hit SS with occassional power; but atleast this one can actually field his position.

Yep. And I'm holding out hope he can revert to his 2010 numbers hitting-wise, which were pretty darn good.

Edit: "Pretty darn good" is an overstatement. Let's just say I'd be happy with his 2010 numbers.

I guess why is everyone assuming that Taylor Green won't be given a shot to win the 3B job? In the past Melvin has said less than flattering things about Green but considering how McGehee hit last year you would think it would atleast be an open competition in ST.

I feel like squealing. This is good, just a good sign that Melvin wasn't as blind to Betancourt's shortcomings as he sounded publicly. Surprise, surprise there with Melvin, I guess.

As has been pointed out, Gonzalez is basically Betancourt's equal at the plate. And not only is he not a black hole on defense, but he's actually a plus there. Nice to see an improvement at shortstop.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Gee....how exciting.

I guess it's getting to that time for all the rest of the teams to gather up the scraps in this wonderful system of MLB free agency.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived