Brewer Fanatic

R.I P. Harry Morgan

1992casey

Harry Morgan of TV comedy 'M*A*S*H' dies, 96

He played Colonel Potter on M*A*S*H, Bill Gannon on Dragnet, and appeared in countless films and TV shows.

(Reuters) - Prolific character actor Harry Morgan, who appeared in more than 100 films but was best known for television roles including Colonel Sherman Potter in the popular series "M*A*S*H," died on Wednesday at his Los Angeles home, age 96.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

He seemed like a fine fellow, though his obit is incomplete without mentioning his case of spousal abuse. He beat up his second wife several years ago and completed a counseling program as ordered by a judge.

So I'm conflicted about how to bid him farewell. None of us should have our lives judged by just one incident, but his was a pretty reprehensible incident.

RIP Harry, you gave me some fine entertainment. I hope you and your family lived in peace and love.

We were pondering at lunch today how many networks would pay tribute with a M*A*S*H-a-thon, when we realized that M*A*S*H-a-thons are already fairly commonplace on TV. So I'm hoping for a Dragnet-a-thon. Of course, a December marathon of either show would cut into that critical 24/7 Christmas programming.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived