Brewer Fanatic

Jerry Hairston Jr. signs with Dodgers, 2 years, $6 million plus incentives

trwi7

Wow. Wonder what the brewers offer was. 2yrs/$5 Mil?

Even if the Brewers offered the same price...why come here when you can play in Cali for the same price? So is the life of being a Brewers fan.

I can't think of many reasons to play for the Dodgers instead of the Brewers right now on a short term deal besides money

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Let me get this straight...they're going to hang on to McGehee and pay him more than what Hairston just signed for, after benching McGehee in favor of Hairston in the most important stretch of games the franchise played in the last 29 years.

Yep, that makes a ton of fiscal sense.

Really disappointed that we didn't hold onto Jer Hair Jr. I really hope they at least offered the 2 years / 6 mil as well... that would make me feel a little better about missing out on him.

I'm really kind of surprised, too. I thought he'd be a top priority to sign because he's so valuable to back us up at 3B, SS, 2B, CF, almost anywhere. Dang.

Let me get this straight...they're going to hang on to McGehee and pay him more than what Hairston just signed for, after benching McGehee in favor of Hairston in the most important stretch of games the franchise played in the last 29 years.

Yep, that makes a ton of fiscal sense.

That. Exactly.

If the crew signs Aram, Alex G at SS and can maybe resign a Dotel and Saito and we are in business, especially if Gamel plays well at 1b.
I'm good with this, replacing Alex G with Furcal, but if push comes to shove, I'll go with Alex. Maybe even throw in Bill Hall for a supersub role?

W need all the extra money to add that SS and Big Bopper in the middle of the lineup and still add to our Bullpen.

Exactly. You can't fall in love with a utility player to the extent you overpay him. When you need them, they can be had via trade. Hairston for 1 year at $2.5 million made sense, otherwise move on.

Ryan Theriot is a likely non-tender by the Cards and perfect for that role too, or in a pinch be everyday SS for you.

I am worried that Prince is inadvertantly holding us hostage. While we wait to see if the market for Prince comes back to us, we are budgetarily prevented from serious negotations with other free agents.
That's what I'm worried about. They would also be able to say, "Hey, we tried" to please the casual fan base in that scenario as well.

Its obviously way to early to assume that either McGehee or Yuni will be back solely because Hairston wasn't resigned. Way to many different things can happen at this point. I am pretty convinced that Melvin will bring in either a SS or a 3B; which position who knows.

Archived