Brewer Fanatic

Reyes to Marlins. 6 years/ $106 millions

BREWCREW5

Am I the only one that isn't worried about the Marlins at all? I congratulate them about getting a new stadium because that old stadium was terrible. I just don't see the fans of Miami caring one bit about the Marlins. I am sure they will be sold out for most of that first season but what happens if the team under performs? Oh and this contract is way too much money for a guy like Reyes. He is a good player buy not worth 6/106

I'm sure Hanley doesn't want to move to 3B but I'm sure that moving to accommodate one of the bigger FA in baseball will ease the complaints too. Reyes is way too risky to sign for 6 years though so glad the Brewers didn't do it.

According to BNightengale (retweeted by Hardricourt), the Marlins still want to go after Baseball Jesus. I see another 1997 coming where the Marlins are a good team that then has to trade everything away because they can't afford it all.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

According to BNightengale (retweeted by Hardricourt), the Marlins still want to go after Baseball Jesus. I see another 1997 coming where the Marlins are a good team that then has to trade everything away because they can't afford it all.

I would actually love to see them do that again. Like jericho said, It seemed to work the first time.

Usually reliable Twitter source "Incarcerated Bob" saying that the Marlins are going to offer Pujols a contract in the $210-225 million range.
Remember when people were complaining about the Marlins not spending any money? Maybe they were stockpiling it & waiting to make their move. If this Pujols rumor is well-informed, then this is the Fish splurging to the tune of almost $350M in guaranteed money this offseason on just three players.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived