Brewer Fanatic

IKEA Shipping and delivery question?

Nader Raider Tim

I've been looking for shelving for my collection of Vinyl Records forever and final am starting to break down and just get the IKEA Expedit Series of shelves ; http://www.ikea.com/us/en...roducts/50103086/. The problem is I live in Appleton (ish) and am really not to enthused about the idea of driving 4 hours each way to buy $300 worth of shelves. When I look at ordering online the shipping costs start at $349 and have went up to $450 depending on how much I got.

Does anyone know of any method of cutting the shipping costs in half or so? Does IKEA ever have discounted shipping?

Online googleing around I ran across some people saying that a lot of small trucking companies in their area do IKEA runs, where they take orders go and pick up the items and deliver them for typically around half the cost if IKEA Shipping. Does anyone know of any place that does that around here?

Or if anyone has any good suggestions for moderately cheap alternatives to the IKEA Shelves for storing records I'd love to hear it. There are alot of similar shelves to these at Target and the like but most of them are to small or to flimsy to support the weight.

I've talked with a couple different places about getting something made, and it has always been mega pricey. Perhaps I just need to shop around at Cabinetry business but about a year ago when I was talking with a local company it was $350 or so per shelve. If I were to get 4 like I am would through IKEA it would be $1000+.

Thanks for the suggestion and maybe I'll start trying to just mass email any and every cabinetry company around here.

Wouldn't Appleton to Schaumburg be closer to a 3 hour drive (185 miles)? Round-trip gas would probably be around $75. To save hundreds of dollars on shipping or more expensive shelves, I think you should probably suck it up and do the drive. Maybe break up the drive by doing some Christmas shopping or ton of other things in Chicago. Of course, this all assumes you have a vehicle that can fit these shelves.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Archived