Brewer Fanatic

Replacing my Furnace

Menotti80

So I anticipate having to replace my furnace one of these years. I plan on starting to get some free estimates from different places in the Milwaukee area. do any of you have any recommendations on who to look into (and who to avoid)???

Thanks!

We had to replace our furnace last winter and I love the new one. I had to do it fast, but still met with 5-6 companies. I ended up going with Gross (http://www.grossheating.com/) out in Brookfield. They treated me great from the very first call, and their prices were the best of any company I met with.

I can't remember for certain which company this story applied to unfortunately, but I wrote this up last year;

It turned out my furnace qualified for a $975 trade in allowance, which is reimbursed to the dealer, not to me, so it just comes off my bill. All but one dealer I talked to told me about this yesterday. Oddly enough, that dealer's cost were about $400 less than all the other quotes I had. Seems to me he was hoping to quietly pocket $575. And that's just the most egregious thing that company did, to say nothing of how they tried to tell me a higher-end model was a mid-range model, and that their quote for an AC unit, while the same as everyone else's for a mid-range cost wise, was a lower-end model if you looked at the specs.

I use Donovan and Jorgenson to service my furnace and A/C. Thankfully haven't had to replace either yet--but I'm planning on doing so in the spring, so just one more season to go on my 20 -year old relic.

D & J have done a terrific job with annual tuneups, and they sell & install new systems all the time.

Archived