Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Offer Arby to Prince and Krod

brewmann04

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps we should just bring him back

That's what I'm hoping for. Losing Hawkins, KRod and Saito would have a major affect on the bullpen. As far as the arby goes, I am almost resigned to the fact that Prince will net us a second rounder. I just hope that KRod gets us a first rounder. Two extra first rounders would just be a huge bonus to me.

That's what I'm hoping for. Losing Hawkins, KRod and Saito would have a major affect on the bullpen. As far as the arby goes, I am almost resigned to the fact that Prince will net us a second rounder. I just hope that KRod gets us a first rounder. Two extra first rounders would just be a huge bonus to me.

KRod won't bring back a 1st round pick only these players who are free agents will a team have to surrender a pick:

Prince Fielder
David Ortiz
Albert Pujols
Jose Reyes
Jimmy Rollins
C.J. Wilson

KRod won't bring back a 1st round pick only these players who are free agents will a team have to surrender a pick:

Prince Fielder
David Ortiz
Albert Pujols
Jose Reyes
Jimmy Rollins
C.J. Wilson
Yes he will. The team who signs him won't have to give up a pick but we would get the pick directly before whoever signs him.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

BrewersSuperCollector wrote:

Even if K-Rod accepts the arbitration it doesn't matter. It is non guaranteed, so the Brewers could cut him.

I believe the new CBA guarantees the contract.
According to the Thursday sports section in an article by Todd Rosiak the contract would be non-guaranteed.

Was the old rule, the player was guaranteed 25% or 33% if it went to arby?

Even if K-Rod accepts the arbitration it doesn't matter. It is non guaranteed, so the Brewers could cut him.

There is no scenario where they'd end up just cutting him. None. Even if they inked Fielder or Reyes and needed the salary room, there would be plenty of suitors for K-Rod with just a one year commitment. If they don't sign either Fielder or Reyes, they certainly can handle a one year deal for K-Rod to fill a setup role that is currently not filled.

In this closer-filled free agent market, I can't see K-Rod getting more than 2/18M or 3/24M.

If that's the case, why not swallow your pride and "settle" for $14-$15M for one season to set up, and then enter a less competitive closer free agent field in 2013?

In an odd way, the Brewers might be able to justify paying the two back-end relievers $15.5 combined, but of course, that defeats the entire benefit a stud cheap closer gives you financially.

I really think the Brewers will be questioning their arby offer as of Dec. 7th.

Anybody else feel he's going to accept arby, as I do?

Was the old rule, the player was guaranteed 25% or 33% if it went to arby?

The rule is the same for all non-guaranteed contracts. There's a cutoff point in the middle of spring training where the player can be cut and receive one sixth of his pay. The date varies a little bit from year to year. If he's cut between mid-spring training and opening day, he receives one fourth of his pay. If he's on the opening day roster, the contract becomes guaranteed.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Anybody else feel he's going to accept arby, as I do?

Nope. I think the Astros will sign him so we will have the first pick of the draft! Ok, seriously, I just think egos are too big to accept that. He might end up making less somewhere else, but he will be closing somewhere else.

Now that Papelbon & Broxton have signed, I think the market for relievers will either pick up, or just stay dormant for a long time. I'm guessing the former, & I think Rodriguez will sign after Ryan Madson.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived