Brewer Fanatic

Orioles go back to the cartoon bird logo (and other uni-related discussion)

PrinceEatMeat

Indians & Royals have some new, more subtle tweaks.

Cleveland (link): no more "headspoon" on either home whites or alternate blues, and no more jersey-colored first-layer outline to the name "Indians"

Kansas City (link): white lettering & blue numbers (instead of the reverse) on powder-blue alts, & slightly modified "Kansas City" lettering on road grays

Also, huge hallelujahs for the Mets dumping their black jerseys, caps, & drop-shadows: (article plus video) watch the video; unis unveiled at 1:50 point

I like all 3 of those. Every change has been great so far, except for Miami.
I agree in part. My 2¢ (not that anyone cares, more just because I want to write it and I'm procrastinating real work):

The Padres' changes seemed unnecessary, in part because their uniforms haven't stayed the same for consecutive years for a while now, which is really dumb. Sports Illustrated or The Sporting News did a mid/late '90s rating of all the teams' uniforms and put the Brewers in the "teenage mall rats" category because of their seemingly frequent & not-always-logical-or-needed changes (3 different logo & design changes in the '90s). But the Padres' annual uniform tweaking makes them winners in the mall rat category, hands down! My gut says I like where the Padres were at a couple years ago, and these changes feel like they're heading in the wrong direction. Their mostly blue/white/bluish-gray road unis are especially uninspiring.

The Orioles' uniform/logo stuff is nothing special but still fine EXCEPT for the white-panel caps I can't stand. And the Marlins just plain missed the boat and will need a Tampa-esque (rainbow-to-green OR green-to-current) "up-classing" after they've sold enough of this merchandise. I have to believe they still could've captured the Art Deco or South Beach flavor without going anywhere near the ridiculous direction they did. No wonder all the big-time free agents haven't signed those big-buck offers yet! Can you imagine Pujols/Fielder/Reyes/Wilson/etc. saying, "you know, that's a dang good offer, but I just can't bring my talents to South Beach because it'd mean wearing those nasty uniforms"???

Indians & Royals & Mets -- they're nothing fancy but generally fine and not ostentatious, which helps.

The Blue Jays nailed this one. Way to go, eh!

Archived